What's new

International Beau Geste (1966) (1 Viewer)

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
This Universal release was one of my favorite films from my youth and have been disappointed that it has not made it to DVD. Now and then I check the internet for any possible release. I came across a clip on Youtube from an Australian company called Bounty Films which released it last year on DVD. The clip looks excellent and from what I understand it's 16x9 anamorphic widescreen. I ordered it from JB Hifi and will give a report here after it arrives and I watch it.

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Also very good is the silent version starring Ronald Colman. The 1939 version is almost a shot-by-shot remake of it, also excellent for its performances.

John Hermes

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Hermes
Good news on the Beau Geste (1966) front. I received my DVD today from JB Hifi in Australia and am very happy. It is region 2 and has the PAL speedup of course, but the clip under my first post is very representative of the way the whole movie looks. If I were to be super critical, it has some very slight gate weave/jitter like The War Wagon, Two mules For Sister Sara and some other Universal transfer of the era. However, overall it looks great with excellent sharpness, color, and contrast. Someday, I hope there's a domestic DVD or Blu-ray release but this will do for now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks