What's new

Battery Backup (1 Viewer)

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
Hi Everyone,
Well I just had my power go out for the first time in years and I'm all paranoid about my electronics and have decided i want to invest in a UPS system for my computer and HT needs. I'm not sure if specific models and brands of my equipment are important but i would like to protect the following:

Television
DVD Player
Receiver
PC-Ultra Subwoofer
Computer
Computer Monitor

I was hoping to keep it under $300 but I dont wanna take any chances. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

P.S. If this was the wrong forum i'm sorry!

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
So I've been doing as much reading as I can on finding a decent battery backup and after seeing what can happen from mere power outages I want some serious protection. I'm using the hk7200 with a TiVo, DVD Player, my computer and a Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW LCD monitor & an SVS PC-Ultra Sub. I only have a surge protector right now and I want to make sure I'm not leaving anything unchecked when it comes to keeping my electronics safe. Please help me guys! Thanks!

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well, a UPS is pretty anemic at providing any sort of surge protection by itself. If that's what your primary goal is, then look into a whole house system for surge protection. If you live in a lightning prone area then products that state that they're 'lightning arrestors' will tend to be beefier than others. There's a long blurb about this over in the Tweaks area at the top.

Johnal

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Johnal
Well i live in Costa Mesa which is in Orange County CA. I don't think i really have to worry about lightning around here but black outs and brown outs are far more common. I'll check out the "Tweaks" area as you suggested. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks