What's new

Batman.. TV series ? (1 Viewer)

Steve Tull

Auditioning
Just got my 'Batman the Movie' dvd and really enjoyed seeing again, great transfer by the way.
Does anybody know if there are any plans to put out the original tv series on dvd . I know that there are maybe 120 episodes, but i am sure it could be done.
I am sure loads of people would love to see this.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
This was asked by none other than Ron Epstein during the 7/31/01 chat with Fox's Peter Staddon (also an HTF regular):
{RonEpstein} Peter, another question from moi. I am happy to see that you have noticed a demand for Fox TV product. Are we any closer to getting the 60's LOST IN SPACE or BATMAN on DVD yet?
{PeterStaddon} We don't have the rights to Lost in Space any more, and the Batman series is tied up in legal gridlock like you wouldn't believe. I'd love to get the Batman TV series out there, it will be interesting to see how the Batman film does - the commentary is hillarious!
I think the legal gridlock is that Fox owns the footage but Warner is owned by AOL/Time which owns DC Comics so WB owns the character of Batman. So we'll have to see if they can find an equitable way to split the money, so we all can win.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
TwinTowers.jpg

Did you want us to respect your cause? You just damned your cause.
Did you want to make us fear? You just steeled our resolve.
Did you want to tear us apart? You just brought us together.
http://www.miami.com/herald/content/...ocs/000565.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks