What's new

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I made the mistake of rushing when I started the set, and quickly realized I was gonna burn out on the show if I kept it up. It took probably a week to watch Season 1. I slowed down and finished Seasons 2 and 3 over about six months.

dhammer

Second Unit
Real Name
David
JayHink said:
Just thought I'd pass along... my sister's family gave me a surprise gift of the Limited Edition Batman Complete Series on Bluray for Christmas.

According to the bottom of the box, my copy is #43,497 of 95,000, if anyone is keeping track. :)

Merry Christmas all.
Wow, that is pretty great gift to get. Nothing says love better than Batman in Blu-ray.

Hasslein

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim
I got the Limited Edition during the Amazon $99.99 sale and sold the digital copy for $55, I'm surprised more people didn't go that route. I'm waiting for the Italy box to drop again, I want an outer box for the three seasons, the one flaw in the Limited set, it should've come with the outer box to slip the seasons into. I'll buy the box from Italy , keep the outer box, and I'll sell the seasons.

Edit: Is the Italy Box size G1 or G2? Thanks

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
Holy golden anniversary!

Bat5.JPG

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Bob Furmanek said:
Holy golden anniversary!

attachicon.gif
Bat5.JPG
Seeing this special TV Guide Close-Up brings back such memories. My dad would bring the new TV Guide home every Friday night (listings began on Saturday) and I would devour it cover to cover reading the articles and looking at all my favorite shows which sometimes, like Batman, would get the Close-Up treatment.

Today's TV Guide is nothing like that handy, comprehensive magazine which used to be issued.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Matt Hough said:
Seeing this special TV Guide Close-Up brings back such memories. My dad would bring the new TV Guide home every Friday night (listings began on Saturday) and I would devour it cover to cover reading the articles and looking at all my favorite shows which sometimes, like Batman, would get the Close-Up treatment.

Today's TV Guide is nothing like that handy, comprehensive magazine which used to be issued.

One of the highlights of my childhood were when, during those few times my dad would have to travel in connection with his work, I would always ask him to bring me home a copy of TV Guide from that location.

Like Matt, I would devour them each week...so seeing those out-of-town editions were the coolest thing to this young kid! :thumbsup:

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
Happy 50th Anniversary, Batman!

I watched the "True Or False Face" two parter tonight. I didn't clue into the Anniversary date, I would've waited to start re-watching the series to tie into it. :)

Gary16

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Mike Frezon said:
One of the highlights of my childhood were when, during those few times my dad would have to travel in connection with his work, I would always ask him to bring me home a copy of TV Guide from that location.

Like Matt, I would devour them each week...so seeing those out-of-town editions were the coolest thing to this young kid! :thumbsup:
This sounds like my childhood especially with getting out-of-town editions too. Only difference was that we had a subscription to our TV Guide and I would get excited when the new one would arrive usually on Wednesday and like Matt I too would immediately start going through it page by page. Ahh the good old days!

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
Matt Hough said:

I especially loved the Fall Preview editions! I still have some of those.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
KPmusmag said:
Hi Kevin!

The TV Guide Fall Preview Editions were a treasure unto themselves!

Unfortunately, I don't have any old TV Guides, as lack of space issues ultimately prevented me from keeping any! :(

It was in a TV Guide issue from the mid 1990's that I read about comedian Flip Wilson being in the midst of a comeback, which was sadly derailed soon afterward, due to the cancer that proved fatal!

While getting fresh news online can be a beautiful thing, we nevertheless seem to have lost something in no longer having to flip through pages for the latest news!

To end this post on a positive note, the TV Guide descriptor for the premiere BATMAN episode was a fun read! Big thanks to Bob Furmanek for sharing this! :)

CHEERS! :)

Tony

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
Matt Hough said:

We had a subscription. I'd anxiously await the mailman every Saturday so I could grab the TVGuide to read and look at the upcoming schedule. I *loved* the annual Fall-Preview issues. I'd keep them and memorize the schedule (of course only 3 channels back then). When I moved out I got my own subscription and read it cover-to-cover every week. It was a sad day when I finally allowed my subscription to expire. That was right after they dropped the weekly listings and had gone to that awful magazine size format.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
KPmusmag said:
I do, too, and I occasionally thumb through them just to relive the past. Makes me a little sad, though. I know times change and things change, but some things were actually better back then. TV Guide was one of them.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
MishaLauenstein said:
It's hilarious that this article doesn't give any indication that this show is a comedy. It makes it sound so dark.
Hi Misha!

The "Hey Diddle Diddle" captioning might have been the only slight tip off that all wasn't dark with the "new" BATMAN program! ;)

The main descriptor certainly didn't betray any of that, however!

CHEERS! :)

Tony

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Amazon Italy at it again -- regular Complete set for $42 shipped for a single set or with B2G1 promo -- 3 for $80 if you have a couple buddies to share with.

No UV, same set as the US/UK basic release except for the removable back cardboard which is the only Italian in the set. It comes with the corrected discs which I don't know if that is 100% predictable with the US sets.

Code 3X2STVCFNT

http://www.amazon.it/b?node=8988373031

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks