What's new

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (4 Viewers)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
For those looking for the Non LE set -- Amazon Italy has also dropped another $12 hitting a new low at at 33.40EUR shipped (around $37 shipped)

EDIT: Apparently another DOTD type so now back to the std 39.99EUR (about 52USD shipped)

Mark Y

Screenwriter
I have picked up the first two seasons separately so far on DVD. By the way, I just looked yesterday at the listings on Amazon and saw the first season is listed at $59.00, what's up with that? Anyway, I know Season 3 is coming out separately, but what about the extras from the complete series set? One of the main reasons I held off for the separate volumes was for the corrected discs, but will that mean I miss out on the Batgirl pilot, first episode with Adam West's commentary, etc? It would be really nice if they included this stuff on the Season 3 set, but I have not read anything as of yet stating that. It is very nice to have the series in an official form finally.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
David Norman said:
For those looking for the Non LE set -- Amazon Italy has also dropped another $12 hitting a new low at at 33.40EUR shipped (around $37 shipped)

EDIT: Apparently another DOTD type so now back to the std 39.99EUR (about 52USD shipped)
Best way to get the set IMO. There is zero reason for the mark up on the u.s. set.

johnnysevenonemanarmy

Auditioning
Real Name
ron
FOR THOSE OF US WHO BOUGHT(OR WERE GIVEN) THE SERIES IN INDIVIDUAL SETS,IS THERE ANY AVENUE

FOR GETTING A CORRECTED DISC OF SEASON ONE?THIS SEEMED TO BE WHERE MOST OF THE MISSING

STUFF WAS LOCATED.

ALSO NOTICED A BOO-BOO AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE "ZELDA THE GREAT" INSTALLMENT:IT SAID THAT

THE JOKER WAS NEXT WEEKS VILLIAN WHEN,IN FACT,IT WAS THE RIDDLER.

WAS THIS PART OF THE ORIGINAL BROADCAST OR DID THE WRONG PREVIEW CARD GET INSERTED WHEN

WARNERS MADE THE SET LAST YEAR.

REGARDLESS,I AM VERY HAPPY TO GET THIS ICONIC SHOW AT LONG LAST,WETHER BOX SET OR SINGLE

SEASONS,THE TRANSFER IS BEE-YOO-TEE-FUL!!

RON M. :)

FanCollector

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Mark Y said:
I have picked up the first two seasons separately so far on DVD. By the way, I just looked yesterday at the listings on Amazon and saw the first season is listed at $59.00, what's up with that? Anyway, I know Season 3 is coming out separately, but what about the extras from the complete series set? One of the main reasons I held off for the separate volumes was for the corrected discs, but will that mean I miss out on the Batgirl pilot, first episode with Adam West's commentary, etc? It would be really nice if they included this stuff on the Season 3 set, but I have not read anything as of yet stating that. It is very nice to have the series in an official form finally.
They don't advertise it on the box, but the third season DVD set does include the bonus features disc.

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
FanCollector said:
They don't advertise it on the box, but the third season DVD set does include the bonus features disc.

That's great news for those who chose to go the individual season route! Since the 3rd season also has by far the fewest Bat Episodes (26), I also think the inclusion of the Bonus Features is entirely apropos!

CHEERS! :)

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
ScottRE said:
That's usually a good indication the set is an illegal copy. I'd stay far away...

No it isn't - far from it.

Bluray releases from Warner are region free and always have been. Every Batman release around the world is region free.

And the majority of Bluray releases are also region free including virtually every title released by Universal and Paramount.

Catalogue titles from Disney, Sony and Fox are usually region free too these days although brand new titles are a mixture of locked and unlocked.

The only time coding usually comes into effect is when the title is one licenced from another company, hence Criterion and Shout releases always locked.

Twilight Time seem to have some kind of dispensation as they get to release MGM product region free while Shout in the US and Arrow in the UK are forced to lock.

Region coding remains on dvd however.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Kyrsten Brad said:
I'm seeing Complete Series Blu-ray offerings on eBay for around $58.99. Noted the one is a region-free import.
Opinions, is this a good deal?

Amazon Italy recently had the series for £27 delivered and it was in a Buy 2 Get One free deal so you could actually buy 3 complete sets for £54. Italy has always been the cheapest place to get it - although it's not the LE with the toys.

Even the booklet is in English - the only Italian element was the attached cardboard to the back. The discs seem to be identical worldwide

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
turtledove said:
No it isn't - far from it.
Bluray releases from Warner are region free and always have been. Every Batman release around the world is region free.
And the majority of Bluray releases are also region free including virtually every title released by Universal and Paramount.
Catalogue titles from Disney, Sony and Fox are usually region free too these days although brand new titles are a mixture of locked and unlocked.

The only time coding usually comes into effect is when the title is one licenced from another company, hence Criterion and Shout releases always locked.

Twilight Time seem to have some kind of dispensation as they get to release MGM product region free while Shout in the US and Arrow in the UK are forced to lock.

Region coding remains on dvd however.
Whoops, totally my bad then. My brain was still in the DVD realm where region free releases of high profile sets were bad juju. Thanks!

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
ScottRE said:
Whoops, totally my bad then. My brain was still in the DVD realm where region free releases of high profile sets were bad juju. Thanks!

Definitely. MY first purchase of a dvd season of Heroes was region free which I found suspicious, so I checked , found they were on single layer discs and on one episode even had a silent audio track.

The Ellery Queen Mysteries was another one , region free , single layer etc. I returned it and got a proper one which confirmed the original was bootleg although I'm not sure the seller himself knew it was. The boxset packaging was a perfect copy

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Kyrsten Brad said:
I'm seeing Complete Series Blu-ray offerings on eBay for around $58.99. Noted the one is a region-free import.
Opinions, is this a good deal?
Probably teh Italian set which has teh exact same discs as the US set and booklet in english. The only Italian on teh package in teh removable back slip.
The IT set even has the corrected discs already.

Now $58 isn't really all that good of a price -- you can regularly order it for low to mid 40's and with the B2G1 deal 3 sets @ average price $28 made a great deal for someone to order with 2 buddies
even if you had to pay extra shipping to get them to a buddy once it arrived

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Thanks to a DVD Pass Key program, I was able to get proper 1080p Screenshot Captures, replacing the previous 720p "PrtScn" Captures that I posted in post #1642. While these aren't from precisely the same points, they're close enough for this purpose:

Here Are Two 1080p Screenshots, From The Beginning And End Of The 14 Second Degraded Video Portion Of "I'll Be A Mummy's Uncle":

It Starts At About The 14 Minute, 51 Second Mark:
vlcsnap-2015-12-20-21h45m03s804.png

And Ends At About 15 Minutes And 5 Seconds, For A Total Of About 14 Seconds:
vlcsnap-2015-12-20-21h46m44s971.png

This looks like a downgraded Film Source to my Eyes, as I believe Videotape would appear much worse!

As far as I noticed, this represents the only stretch of downgraded Film source in the entire BATMAN TV Series! In my opinion, that's an excellent track record!

CHEERS! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks