What's new

Batman The Complete TV Series Limited Edition (11/11)(Blu-ray)(DVD) Available for Preorder (3 Viewers)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I think I spent $175 for mine when it came out - whatever the price Amazon charged on it's street date. I knew that there was going to be a non-limited set coming out a month later for less, and I knew that if I could wait even longer that there would be even better deals. But I decided that after seeing the show in faded syndication copies and even worse bootlegs all my life, that it was worth paying right away to get it as soon as possible.

Usually I regret decisions like that but to be able to watch the episodes where Batman and the Penguin run for mayor (my favorites!) in full HD quality was worth every penny. That said, what a steal to get the set now for half that price.

Grady Reid

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Grady
Finally took advantage of the Amazon sale and pulled the trigger on the $65 set. I assume the corrected discs are shipping with the set by now.

KPmusmag

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kevin Parcher
I came across this photo which is unfamiliar to me. A rather odd angle and expression.

Attachments

• BatRob.jpg
    BatRob.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 125

Tony Bensley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Anthony
Sad to read that BATMAN: The Movie director Leslie H. Martinson died at 101.

http://screenrant.com/leslie-h-martinson-death-obituary/
Yes, that is sad news, but 101 - WOW! At least Leslie H. Martinson was still around for the 50th Anniversary of the BATMAN movie he directed, and fun viewing that Film is, indeed!

That said, my condolences to Mr. Martinson's wife, family, and friends. May he Rest in Peace.

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
RIP

He did a lot of episodes of shows I love like Mission: Impossible, Wonder Woman, Brady Bunch, Bionic Woman, Six Million Dollar Man, CHiPs and 2 episodes of Batman among others.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
I saw that the poison ivy character is celebrating her 50th anniversary.
Is it known why she never showed up on the 1966 series???

https://m.readdcentertainment.com/Batman-1940-2011-181/digital-comic/T0037601815001

Actually the character of Poison Ivy was originally in the first draft for the episode that Lesley Gore appeared in as "Pussycat". The character was being written in the same way Gore's character was ultimately written, as a teenaged style henchmoll and not as the character that had already appeared in the comics. Frankly, given how poor that episode was, fans of the comic character I think were done a favor that she didn't appear.

If the series had lasted a little longer, to say 1969-70, then that would have given them a chance to use the character with the most perfect possible casting choice for the part IMO, Barbara Rhoades.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
^^^

I happen to have watched that episode last night. I don't agree with this at all: "...given how poor that episode was...", it's one of my favorites for many reasons.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
To me, the episode represents the series losing its careful balance of not going too over the top with the humor in Season 1. The contrast with Newmar's first episode as Catwoman in S1 with what they made her in S2 was IMO not a welcome development where Stanley Ralph Ross (who wrote all the Catwoman scripts except for the one where she was shoehorned into the Sandman episode; tellingly that is the only one that shows the character more like in S1) turned her into all lovesick over Batman and also injected too much self-indulgent outsized humor.

Osato

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim
Actually the character of Poison Ivy was originally in the first draft for the episode that Lesley Gore appeared in as "Pussycat". The character was being written in the same way Gore's character was ultimately written, as a teenaged style henchmoll and not as the character that had already appeared in the comics. Frankly, given how poor that episode was, fans of the comic character I think were done a favor that she didn't appear.

If the series had lasted a little longer, to say 1969-70, then that would have given them a chance to use the character with the most perfect possible casting choice for the part IMO, Barbara Rhoades.

Which episode is this? I’ll give it a watch.

Jack P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jack
Season 2 "That Darn Catwoman"/"Scat Darn Catwoman". And in fact, the gimmick by which "Pussycat" puts Robin under her spell is clearly a gimmick likely intended for a Poison Ivy character.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks