What's new

Barnes & Noble 50% Off MSRP ARROW though Jan 6, 2019 (mostly online) (1 Viewer)

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Barnes & Noble 50% Off MSRP ARROW though Jan 6, 2019 (mostly online). I think Jan 6 is the correct end date, but I'll have the mods change it if I find out differently

picture.php

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/arrow-video-50-off/_/N-2rpv

This looks to be most of the current release US titles online. The preorders releasing during the announced sales dates aren't 50% off (yet) unlike the Criterion Sale. It will be really interesting is Waterworld is 50% off at release. Also Gosford Park, Gas Food Lodging, and DePalma/DeNiro Early Films boxset as scheduled over the next several week.

In-store sale is Selective titles though other than a few mega-stores the in-store stock is fairly limited in general

A repeat of last NOV/DEC sale -- it does look like my stores have a few more in-store items than they did previously. I saw about 10-12 titles though not all are eligible for 50% off

I was in store today and did see several with 50% Off Stickers and in there own little table with some other Sale Items

50% Off
12 Monkeys
Hired Hand
Fish Called Wanda
Day of teh Jackal
Cat o Nine Tails
Dead or Alive Trilogy (??)
at least one other title

Children of the Corn and Hills Have Eyes had a 30% sticker on their Halloween shelf and wouldn't shock me if it was 50%

Altman's IMAGES was not part of the sale -- I had in my hand at the register and it rang up full price. I had to declines since it's 50% online.

In-store coupons do apply to these items -- I had a 20% and 15% that were about to expire so it was nice to be able to use them -- 12 Monkeys for $14.40 is a very good thing.

Last edited:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Didn't see any Arrow titles on display at my store yesterday, but there were a handful in a box behind the media counter. I usually go behind the counter and look around since there's no longer any staff in the media room but there are always stacks and boxes of movies behind there. That's where I found one of the Criterion titles I wanted in the last sale.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
Looking through the List and randomly checking stores for inventory, I find most stores have around 20 titles in stock, but impossible to say if they are on sale in store. I'm trying to get some help in compiling a list eligible for instore discounts including the 10% off. Even if the store doesn't physically had an item, it's easy enough to place a shiptohome order for those AND get the full discounts available

Otherwise is a store has an item in stock, but not on sale -- place a web order for store pickup with teh 50% off and online coupons. Losing the 10% discount, but being able to pick them up without shipping has a lot of benefits if you're near a store that has a good selection.

A couple of the big Hub stores -- Grove in LA, Union St/Tribeca/5th Ave in NYC have up to 50-60, Power Plant near DC appears to have around 100 in stock.

The itmes I saw in 2 of the stores I went to earlier this week had a few separated and with Sale Stickers and a couple others just on the regular stands though several at the better store were on their HALLOWEEEN SALE sectional which hadn't been taken down yet. This store had 25 or so total, but most I didn't want or already had so I didn't check them all.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
4 of the preorders that weren't part of the sale before have now dropped to 50% off

Waterworld LE -- $24.99

19.99ea
Bloody Birthday
The Apartment (standard release)
The Serpent's Egg

Mike2001

Premium
Real Name
Mike
The website has a FALL10 10% off promo running right now that stacks with the Arrow sale (but not Criterion’s) for non-preorders. So you can get the equivalent to the in store member discount online.

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
20% off online orders of $40.00 or more
BLKFRIDAY
Valid November 22, 2018 at 12:01am November 25, 2018 at 11:59pm Eastern Time.

IN- STORE 25% OFF ANY ITEM
H7J9D9R
Expires November 25, 2018 at close of business.

Buy $50 Gift Card, Get $10 Reward Gift Card
The $10.00 Barnes & Noble Reward will be delivered via email to you on December 26, 2018 to the email address associated with your $50.00 BN.com Gift Card / eGift Card purchase on Barnes & Noble.com. The $10.00 Reward is valid beginning December 26, 2018 and expires on March 1, 2019 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

Valid online November 22, 2018 and November 27, 2018 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time -- so through the end of Cybermonday PST
Valid In-store November 23, 2018 and expires SUNDAY November 25, 2018 at close of business

The GC promotion in the past has allowed 1 PROMO Card per account online, but for multiples of $50 in store though rarely a Manager has gone by the absolute letter of the coupon which clearly states "This offer can be redeemed only once per customer" for both online and in-store offers.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
BN also appears to be having a 50% off all TV on DVD/BLU on Saturday only (11/24).

I didn't see anything on the site about this, but I was shopping using the BLKFRIDAY coupon above and added a couple TV sets to my cart and it came up under the list of deals applied to my purchase.

Also, the BLKFRIDAY 20% off code stacks and takes off an additional discount (though it does not work on pre-orders).

I got the new Black Sails complete series set on blu-ray for $24 (currently $42 at Amazon). :thumbs-up-smiley:

David Norman

Senior HTF Member
BN also appears to be having a 50% off all TV on DVD/BLU on Saturday only (11/24).

I didn't see anything on the site about this, but I was shopping using the BLKFRIDAY coupon above and added a couple TV sets to my cart and it came up under the list of deals applied to my purchase.

Also, the BLKFRIDAY 20% off code stacks and takes off an additional discount (though it does not work on pre-orders).

I got the new Black Sails complete series set on blu-ray for $24 (currently $42 at Amazon). :thumbs-up-smiley:

It was in the BF Ad about a Saturday only sale, though it wasn't clear whether online or in store.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/b/saturday-only-50-off-tv-shows-on-dvd-and-blu-ray/_/N-2rpu

Twilight Zone BD Complete set (this is the store Amazon PM above) $42
With 20% online coupon -- $34
In store (or instore Ship to Home with 25% coupon) 31.50 or $28 for members

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie

I looked here totally out of coincidence - I rarely purchase from B&N as I can usually beat their prices elsewhere... Not this time!

Thanks to your post I picked up Black Sails on BR for $24 (+ tax). Even though I already own S1-3 on DVD that was only ~$5 more than S4 on DVD and I get the upgrade to boot!

PLUS:

Ash vs. Evil Dead complete series on BR for $20 (+ tax). That's only ~$3 more than the S3 I was lacking. I'll gift those unopened S1 and S2 BR sets. I'd just ordered this one from Amazon for $26 so that will be cancelled.

Saved by the Bell - The Complete Series (the new Shout release) for $24 (+ tax). I'd just ordered it from Amazon a couple of hours ago for their new $29.99 sale price. This, too, will be cancelled.

And continued Perry Mason with S7V2, S8V1, S8V2 for ~$7 each (I really wanted that complete series set from Amazon but already own up to S7V2 so couldn't justify the purchase for the 2.5 seasons I'm missing. This'll do nicely for those seasons and I'll wait for S9 to drop in price a bit more as I've yet to watch any of this one on DVD).

In spite of negative comments as to "transfer issues" continued with Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In by picking up S4 for $16.

I could have done more but that pretty much shot my entertainment budget for the month.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Thanks to your post I picked up Black Sails on BR for $24 (+ tax). Even though I already own S1-3 on DVD that was only ~$5 more than S4 on DVD and I get the upgrade to boot!
Sounds almost identical to my process. I also have S1-3 on DVD, but splurged for the entire series on blu after the same analysis about S4. :D

Placed another order and got the Complete Series set of Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In for $99.99.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks