What's new

Band of Brothers - Two Disc 3s (1 Viewer)

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
I did a search here looking for a similar problem, but didnt turn up anything.

I picked up the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers a couple weeks ago from Circuit City, but had it sitting on the shelf til I had some free time to watch it.

I just cracked the seal on the box today and upon opening it, discovered mine has two copies of Disc 3, and none of Disc 2. I put both Disc 3s in my player to see if maybe one was just a misprint, and its not. Theyre both definitely the same.

Stupid me didnt keep the receipt, so whats my best course of action here? Is there someone I can call or write to at HBO to get a replacement disc? I can take a photo of my set as proof that I legitimately own it and am not trying to rip them off.

Thanks to anyone who can provide any input.

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit
Take it back, and tell them you want to exchange it for another Band of Brothers. I bet they honor it without the receipt. Did you pay by credit? If so, ask if they can look up the purchase in their system.

Charlie Phogg

Auditioning
The same thing happened to me with LOTR ext. box set. I get ready to watch FOTR, put in the 1st disk and it comes up with a message about part 2. Huh? Sure enough, they packed 2 disk II and no disk I. Luckily, it was the first movie so I found it right away.

I'd take your disks back to CC, explain the situation and show them the disks, I bet they will exchange it for you.

BTW, I just finished up Band of Brothers tonight. It was the first time I had seen the series and was quite impressed.

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator
My Sopranos S5 had 2 disc 2 and no disc 1. I was able to exchange at Circuit City with no problem. I did have the receipt though but don't think it would have been a problem anyway.

Kain_C

Screenwriter
If you paid by credit card, they can look that up. But they should gladly exchange it since it's very obvious you aren't trying to rip them off. They won't want to risk pissing you off by not returning it therefore losing your future business. Worst case is that HBO would replace it.

BTW, you'll love it. I consider it not only one of the greatest television achievements, but one of the best films on the subject ever. Everything, from the acting to the direction to the unmatched production values, are top notch.

MikeEckman

Screenwriter
Thanks for the advice guys! I went back to Circuit City and they exchanged the disc with no questions asked! Now I can resume the miniseries and see how it ends! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks