What's new

Band of Brothers hot deal??? (1 Viewer)

SteveSpoon

Stunt Coordinator
Where to go for the Band of Brothers for the super hot deal? Anybody know? Thanks.

Steve

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
Unfortunately, there isn't much. Hopefully someone can find someone I wasn't able to find.

Amazon is selling it for $83, minus 10% from Share the Love (there was also a $10 of $75 coupon online, but I believed that expired yesterday). That comes down to a still expensive $75. Costco apparently it selling them for $70, but my local Costco and their webpage had none in stock (not surprising, considering BoB has been out for well over a year now).

A month ago, you could've gotten it a DDD for under $70, but those coupons are long gone. I went the Amazon route, as I can gome gift certificates from them anyway.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve
I've seen these in Walmart for under $70. Of course Walmart pricing is not consistent from market to market. Still, it's worth a phone call.

Steve

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Jeff-

Have you seen any decent price on BoB in our area? I haven't. And, I've got a friend who's been looking for one.

Chad A Wright

Supporting Actor
Wal-Mart (at least some of them) have it for $64.99.

I was lucky enough to get it for Christmas, but I still haven't had time to start it yet. That case is amazingly beautiful, though.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm

It's a big country. Not even Wal-Mart has achieved saturation everywhere...yet.

I have to get back to "Band of Brothers" at some point. I watched the first episode last summer and thought it was rather boring. I assume the pace picks up at some point after the first episode.

Nick Cerretti

Stunt Coordinator
Jeff, I live in Seattle. I think there's a Walmart somewhat near me, but it's hardly worth the drive to save 10 bucks. Even then, have never been in a Walmart before.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Just FYI:

We found 10 Wal-Mart stores within 50 miles of Seattle, WA:

1. Renton, WA 98055
2. Lynnwood, WA 98037
3. Federal Way, WA 98003
4. Bremerton, WA 98311
5. Port Orchard, WA 98366
6. Auburn, WA 98001
7. Puyallup, WA 98374
8. Bonney Lake, WA 98390
9. Marysville, WA 98271
10. Spanaway, WA 98387

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
More than 1/2 of their construction is generally replacement/expansion of existing older stores.

Of those 300, only about 100-125 may be actual new locations.

Still not bad, though. And Target needs to get on the ball (and come to Vermont)!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
David_Jr, among the 300-plus store expansion count I mentioned for Wal-Mart, the breakdown of that number included a couple dozen Sam's Clubs.

Rodon

Second Unit
We just got a pretty big Sams club that opened in August 2003. Pretty nice. Best deal for me there has been Looney Tunes gold at $42. Thand and this OT - I was walking around Sams right at close and they gave me a free 3lb. Rotisserie Chicken worth about $4-$5. Pretty suprised, Chicken was very good but it was boiling hot so we ahd to leave. Their plan worked out very well. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks