balanced a/c conditioners and amps

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dennis Jacob, Dec 27, 2001.

1. Dennis Jacob

Dennis Jacob Agent

In the past - I've been with the understanding that nothing should be placed in the a/c circuit before the power amplifier. With these new Balanced Power a/c conditioners - has that changed? I'm considering the B-P-T products. As an example - with the use of multiple Aragon 8008BB amps for a HT system - would using a BPT product be a detriment to the amps capabilities? What are your opinions?

2. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Dennis- I understand that the only reason why it was suggested in the past to plug your amps directly into the wall, is because a lot of the line conditioners out there have current limitations that could "stifle" an amp.
    But most balanced power units are not limited like this. I have an Equitech 2Q with 2 Acurus A200x3 amps, and a lot of other stuff plugged into it, and I've had no problems. But, I'm also on a 20A circuit too.
    But I would say that if you don't have problems plugging your amp into the wall now, then you shouldn't with a BPT either. Just make sure to get one rated at or above whatever the amperage of your circuit is (15 or 20 A typically). (I think the BP-2 is the minimum you'd want to look at.)
    Might want to give BPT a call too, just to see what they say.
    Also, Klipsch, who now owns Mondial Designs who builds Aragon and Acurus, has a really neat "forum" on their web site, just for questions like these! [​IMG]