What's new

balanced a/c conditioners and amps (1 Viewer)

Dennis Jacob

Agent
In the past - I've been with the understanding that nothing should be placed in the a/c circuit before the power amplifier. With these new Balanced Power a/c conditioners - has that changed? I'm considering the B-P-T products. As an example - with the use of multiple Aragon 8008BB amps for a HT system - would using a BPT product be a detriment to the amps capabilities? What are your opinions?

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
Dennis- I understand that the only reason why it was suggested in the past to plug your amps directly into the wall, is because a lot of the line conditioners out there have current limitations that could "stifle" an amp.
But most balanced power units are not limited like this. I have an Equitech 2Q with 2 Acurus A200x3 amps, and a lot of other stuff plugged into it, and I've had no problems. But, I'm also on a 20A circuit too.
But I would say that if you don't have problems plugging your amp into the wall now, then you shouldn't with a BPT either. Just make sure to get one rated at or above whatever the amperage of your circuit is (15 or 20 A typically). (I think the BP-2 is the minimum you'd want to look at.)
Might want to give BPT a call too, just to see what they say.
Also, Klipsch, who now owns Mondial Designs who builds Aragon and Acurus, has a really neat "forum" on their web site, just for questions like these! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks