What's new

Bah! Digital out from TV to receiver dropping out! (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
Have a new Mits WD-52528 TV and have it plugged into a older Pioneer receiver (711, had DD and DTS) via a digital coax cable to watch HD channels.

However, the sound keeps dropping out. The 'digital' light will turn off them immediatly come back on, causing a annoying .1-1 second sound outage. Sometimes it will work for 10 minuites, other times, a dozen time in 10 seconds (on off on off on off)

Any idea what is going on?

Could it be the cable (using some old Rat Shack composite video cable, no idea if it is any good...or even 75-ohms!)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
All video cables are 75 Ohm, that should not be the problem. You have the TV hooked to the receiver or the HD box? I've seen very few TVs that have digital ins/outs, though my father does have one that does have optical in/out. What HD box? I've seen reports about certain boxes not being 100% compatible with certain receivers.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
TV has a OTA HD tuner. Digital coax out from the TV to the home theater receiver (not a HD receiver or anything, just a 5-channel HT receiver), one straight shot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks