What's new

Bad night to be wearing a red shirt... (1 Viewer)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I once wore a red shirt to a bullfight. I got drunk and fell out of the stands. Ouch!

Brian W. Ralston

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Brian W. Ralston
I know I am preaching to the choir (except for Nebraska fans), but the fact that Oregon was not playing the Rose Bowl this year REALLY angers me. I hate the BCS!!!!!:angry:
Yes I am bias being a University of Arizona alum.......I always root for the PAC-10 in post season and I hated to see the Rose Bowl hijacked for the national championship game when it has been a traditional PAC-10 / BIG 10 game for so long. But, if Oregon had played in the Rose this year (as they truly deserved), the PAC-10 would have still had a presence in the Rose Bowl......keeping alive some of that tradition.
I am just looking forward to next year's Rose Bowl when we can get back to the PAC-10 / BIG-10 rivalry and no more of this Miami/Nebraska BS.
........oh my.......what a boring game!

DonnyD

Screenwriter
As someone pointed out above... the Rose Bowl certainly was proof that Nebraska did not deserve to be there. Just think what the score would have been if Neb had not deployed a little defence late in the game.

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Brian, I whole heartedly agree with you. Being a Purdue Alumni makes me root for all Big Ten teams in the bowl games. I think it's a disgrace that the Rose Bowl changed. It couldn't make me more angry. The rose bowl = pac10 vs big10.

Mike Broadman

Senior HTF Member
I don't follow college football, so I don't know about all this BCS stuff. But I do always look forward to the bowls, and this year, the three biggies were highly dissappointing. Blowouts are not fun to watch. I'm used to the intense competition in those games. Oh well, let's just hope next year will be better.

Mark Lee

Second Unit
I think Oregon Coach Bellotti said it best:
"Nebraska is a great team and a great program, but obviously I feel we would have given them a better game than what we saw tonight," Bellotti said as the final minutes ticked off. "Miami was clearly the better team. And it would have taken something special to beat them. But I would have liked that chance."
Amen to that! (Though I did have an enjoyable few hours mercilessly taunting my uncle (who's got family in Omaha)....:D )

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks