Bad night to be wearing a red shirt...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael Caicedo, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Michael Caicedo

Michael Caicedo Second Unit

Michael Caicedo
    Miami is killing Nebraska 34-0, middle of the third quarter.

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I once wore a red shirt to a bullfight. I got drunk and fell out of the stands. Ouch!

3. Danny R

Danny R Supporting Actor

...while serving aboard the Enterprise under Kirk?

4. Sean Conklin

Sean Conklin Screenwriter

They're coming back though, just maybe..........well only 3 minutes nevermind!

5. Tom-G

Tom-G Screenwriter

More proof that Nebraska did not deserve to be there. You can't spell "BCS" without the "BS."

6. Brian W. Ralston

Brian W. Ralston Supporting Actor

Brian W. Ralston
    I know I am preaching to the choir (except for Nebraska fans), but the fact that Oregon was not playing the Rose Bowl this year REALLY angers me. I hate the BCS!!!!![​IMG]
    Yes I am bias being a University of Arizona alum.......I always root for the PAC-10 in post season and I hated to see the Rose Bowl hijacked for the national championship game when it has been a traditional PAC-10 / BIG 10 game for so long. But, if Oregon had played in the Rose this year (as they truly deserved), the PAC-10 would have still had a presence in the Rose Bowl......keeping alive some of that tradition.
    I am just looking forward to next year's Rose Bowl when we can get back to the PAC-10 / BIG-10 rivalry and no more of this Miami/Nebraska BS.
    ........oh my.......what a boring game!

7. DonnyD

DonnyD Screenwriter

As someone pointed out above... the Rose Bowl certainly was proof that Nebraska did not deserve to be there. Just think what the score would have been if Neb had not deployed a little defence late in the game.

8. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    Brian, I whole heartedly agree with you. Being a Purdue Alumni makes me root for all Big Ten teams in the bowl games. I think it's a disgrace that the Rose Bowl changed. It couldn't make me more angry. The rose bowl = pac10 vs big10.

9. Mike Broadman

Mike Broadman Producer

I don't follow college football, so I don't know about all this BCS stuff. But I do always look forward to the bowls, and this year, the three biggies were highly dissappointing. Blowouts are not fun to watch. I'm used to the intense competition in those games. Oh well, let's just hope next year will be better.

10. Mark Lee

Mark Lee Second Unit

I think Oregon Coach Bellotti said it best: