What's new

Bad JVC - DVD Player ? (1 Viewer)

TonyMAR

Auditioning
I have a JVC XV-SA602SL DVD player with a Denon AV-1602 Reciever. My problem is when I run the composite video out of my DVD Player into the receiver and then out to my TV, the picture will jitter badly several times (probably 20 or more) during a movie. The audio works flawlessly. I have hooked up other DVD palyers to the same input on my receiver and it works fine. When I connect the DVD directly to the composite video port on my TV it works ok. I suspect I am not getting enough signal from the video out port on the DVD player. Any suggestions? Is there a problem with the DVD player? JVC "tech support" (and I use the term lightly) tells me there is no problem with the unit if it works O.K. connected directly to the TV. This is an inconvenient way to connect the components as I only have one input on my TV. Shouldn't I be able to connect the components this way with no problem? I have connected the composite output of the DVD player to the DVD video input, the VCR video input, and the DBS video input. All three do the exact same thing. The video jitters up and down at various times throughout the movie. When I hook another DVD player (Toshiba DVD/VCR combo)to the input it works O.K.:frowning:

Paul Clarke

Supporting Actor
When encountering the jitter problem using the various receiver inputs, are you always using the same composite cable? When you make the direct TV connection, can we assume it's the same cable? And when you switch to another DVD player where there are no problems, do you watch the movie full length to test it? Is the same cable involved or another?

Hard to imagine what could be causing this simply from the player. Unfortunately JVC is entitled to their opinion...
although the manual would show hookup options to a receiver. So performance issues with any hookup option should be covered if it's under warranty..

Donnie Eldridge

Supporting Actor
What brand of cables are you using? You might try upgrading your cables if signal strength is a possible issue.

Kevin_Kr

Supporting Actor
i had the same problem on a jvcxvs300 going into my component input on a panasonic 36sx12 for what its worth.

TonyMAR

Auditioning
I have tried different cables. When I connect a different player to the same inputs, I do watch the movie completely through and there are no problems. These are not the most expensive cables nor are they the cheapest money can buy. If I can catch the jitter at just the right time and pause the picture, the freeze frame will continue to jitter. If I bring up a menu on top of the paused display, the menu will jitter as well.

TonyMAR

Auditioning
Kevin_Kr, did there turn out to be a problem with your player or was it just a JVC thing (bug)

TonyMAR

Auditioning
Update: I completely bypassed the video from going through the A/V receiver and the problem was still there, just no where near as bad. I sent the player back to JVC service under warranty along with a DVD that I could reproduce the problem with consistantly. Very consistantly!!! JVC Service now says they can not reproduce the problem. JVC engineering says they have had reports of thier players freezing randomly but not jittering and they have a new firmware update. They say they are going to apply the update Monday and call me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks