What's new

Burning Old VHS-C to DVD? (1 Viewer)

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Hello,
AM I A CRAZYDUDE? I DID SEE VHS-C ON THE FORUM LIST, AND SURMISED THIS WAS THE PLACE. Sorry if I was wrong.

I have an old 1997 JVC Analog Camcorder and about fifty VHS-C tapes I would like to copy, edit, burn, so my family can view these on their own CD or DVD disk players. I realize this would be all real time editing. I might even invest in another 500GB WD External HD, or one Terabyte (1000GB) because my present HD is half full, and I will need lots of video storage.
That’s Old technology, and I am thinking for the future, to get a onboard Hard Drive High Definition Video camera, so I wanted to know if I would have to purchase tow separate software items.
1) For backing up old VHS tapes to disks, and 2) To burn HD 1080i or 1080p HD to DVD to play on the HDTV display. (I don’t know if people are even using regular CD’s for this, or only DVD’S...and not all my friends even have a bluRay player, and certainly don’t have a Blu-Ray burner on my computer…yet)
I also have Nero Ultra7, which I burn audio mp3’s to cda/wav files, so I need to know if all I need is a video capture card to use with Nero, and forget about buying anything else except the HD Video editing software.
Since I already have the Nero7, I don’t want to buy anything that would conflict with the Nero, like maybe the ROXIO VHS to DVD. I was told by someone at Fry’s electronics, that I would first have to remove the Nero to install the Roxio. He also told me that Tape like Mini-DV is always better for editing that the new Hard Drive Video cameras.
I was also looking at the following software and wondered if anyone has used them:
MAGIX’s “Rescue Your Video”,
MAGIX Movie Edit Pro 14 plus..
(maybe for the HD editing, when I decide on a camera)
HONESTECH’s VHS to DVD v4.0,
Or PINNACLE STUDIO PLUS v.12 software.

As you may have guessed, I am totally confused on these issues. When I do burn the files, what format? MPEG2,.MOV, AVI?
I would like to be able to edit by fading in/out the snowy, bad areas of the old camcorder tapes and maybe even add mp3 music as background for the non-voice areas of the VHS. (not a biggie)
I’d hate to think that on the Mini-DV, this is better suited to easier edit tape than the newer built in hard drive cameras. To me, it’s like stepping back a few steps in technology than going forward, I just don’t know.

Could anyone recommend a few DVD burning, (Analog 1997 JVC Camcorder) VHS-C to DVD, Video editing software Forums?
This is what I presently have on the computer. I'm wondering if I have to upgrade the DVD writer to a 22x Double-layer DVD+-/CD-RW or so, and if my present VGA card is acceptable. To burn either VSH-C camcorder tapes to DVD,or future Digital Camera burning capabilities.

NVidia GeForce 8600GT PCI-E 16X / 256 memory/700Ghz memory Clock/540 Core Clock
Windows XP SP2
Realtek HD Audio Mixer
3327MB Total memory / PC6400/800MHz
8543 Total Virtual memory
Intel 6600 Core 2 / 2.4 GHz Quad CPU
Pioneer DVD/CD 16x16 Max Writing Speed / 8x max for Dual/Double layer writing speed
74GB Raptor for Apps/500 Internal HD for Storage
Western Digital 500GB External Hard drive

Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard PCI, ($130.00) I got a solid review from one person (thanks RT!...below ) but wanted to know if anyone else can vouch for this product as well. On the package it says it needs DIRECTSHOW. Does Windows XP come with this, or do I need to download codecs? It can also capture any analog device. I found it @ codecs.com.

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator
Not exactly an answer to your questions, but a recommendation nonetheless. If your VHS-C tapes contain anything you would like to archive, your first step should be to convert them from analog to digital video tape.

While not foolproof, miniDV tape has much less of a chance of failing than DVD-R media or an AVI on a hard drive. Plus, it is the least compressed of the three options, which means your content will look and sound the best it can.

Of course, you are converting years-old VHS-C tapes, so they're not going to look any better than they do now (assuming you're not going to pay the money to have a pro convert and clean them up).

You can do this yourself by hooking up old VHS-C camcorder to new miniDV camcorder (similar to a digital pass-through, but you record onto miniDV tape). Once you have your content in a digital format, you now have many more one-button solutions for going to DVD, AVI, etc. in bulk, while your tapes are safe on a shelf (away from temperature swings and magnets).

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
I did the same thing you did, and what I used was Pinnacle Studio. You're starting with VHS-C, so to transfer to HD is, frankly, a waste of good media and much hard drive space. I'd go to straight-up DVD, interlaced; it's higher resolution than your VHS-C tapes (ditto for VHS), so there's no reason to go higher. It's also the highest compatibility for playing on other people's equipment.

When reading the following, please remember that I don't know your computer and video experience. If I get too basic, I apologize. So --

You will probably have the following problem: VHS-C is analog, so you have to bring it into your system that way. You're going to need analog sound cables and an analog composite cable. You probably have a cable that plugs into your camera at one end and has all three outputs at the other (the yellow is video). If there's only two, one is video and the other is audio. You will also need a second Pinnacle product, called the Movieboard. If you're comfortable opening up your PC and putting a board into a PCI expansion slot, that's all you need to do. XP (and Vista) will recognize it immediately, and when you install Studio all the drivers will install, too. Then it's a matter of plugging everything in.

Everything in the preceding paragraph (except the part about having cable for your camera) applies to hooking up from a VHS player. For this, though, you need to put your VHS-C into a VHS adapter. It's looks just like a VHS tape, except there's no tape in it. You open it up, put your VHS-C inside, close it up and insert the whole thing into the VHS machine.

In addition to the stereo left, stereo right and composite video inputs, the Movieboard also has connections for S-VHS and Firewire, so if one of your slots is taken up by Firewire, you can simply replace it with the Movieboard.

When bringing it in, Studio works in AVI file format for editing. You can output as almost anything.

Finally, where do you get this stuff? Answer: Amazon carries both Studio and the Movieboard.

Note: Studio comes with a printed manual that is very useful. As a very valuable supplement, I recommend the Studio 11 book by Jan Ozer. Even though it doesn't cover the latest additions in Studio 12, it's a "go-to" book of practical answers when the manual doesn't cover it.

Example: Some of my videos would freeze, but the audio would keep going. Eventually, the video would jump ahead to match the audio. Ozer gave me the answer: The problem was the data rate. Studio will go as high as possible given the length of your video. If it's too high, the freeze will happen because the DVD player won't have a chance to correct if there's a bad bit somewhere. He recommended going no higher than 6K (I think; it might be 6M -- I'm not in Studio right now; the important thing is the 6), and that 5 was better. Result: The problem went away and has never returned. The difference between 8 (the top) and even 5 is not visible to my eyes, and that's on a 61" Samsung HDTV.

Amazon carries the book, too.

So, get Studio (it's very easy to use -- I've been using it for three years and have called tech support only once), the Movieboard and the Ozer book. Of the three Pinnacles (basic, Plus and Ultimate), I recommend the Ultimate. It's not that much extra and you get, among other things, the ability to do green screen. They even include the green background so you can do it! You can also do HD editing when you get the camera and have HD to bring in (It will be digital, so you'll be using the Movieboard's firewire port then).

Have fun! I sure have with this setup.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
Shame on me! I didn't read the previous post -- just yours. If Kenny's suggestion of dubbing from your VHS-C to your Mini-DV will work (does your camera have the inputs to do it?), then do so and bring it in via firewire from the Mini-DV. If it doesn't, go the Movieboard route.

As for your desire to take out the bad parts of your videos and add music, mp3 or otherwise, you can do that in Studio.

A final note about Nero and Roxio. I highly recommend Nero over Roxio. I've had to junk more badly-written Roxio software than I care to remember. Nero does what it does well. It is, however, very basic. It can't hold a candle to Studio in video editing. Video editing is all Studio does, and for the non-professional (and I'm one of those), I think it's the best thing going.

And finally: Studio does not conflict with Nero. I have both, and they live together very happily. I also have Soundforge audio editing. It also lives very well with Nero. If Roxio conflicts with either of them, it's just more proof of how badly Roxio is written.

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Rick,
Thanks for all of your plethora of info. I know that takes time writing it all out.
Computer knowledge? I can probably handle it. me and a friend built my latest computer so I know where to put any PCI's.
It's all this jargon that's intimidating if your a Novice and had never done any of this before.
I'm afraid if I buy one any brand of software,many people will tell me it's the wrong stuff,so I am trusting all of everyone's past experience to steer me in the right direction on what works and what doesn't work.

I do have a Panasonic VHSC adapter to place the C tape in.
The only connections on this 1977 JVC Pro-cision 5-head System, 36x Digital hyper zoom, Analog VideoMovie Camcorder # GR-AXM25U are these:
RCA WHITE AUDIO and YELLOW VIDEO/JLIP/ RF DC OUT.

How much additional Storage would I need for video. ( I'm not doing HD yet, so I'm guessing Analog would be less needed storage) I have my 500GB Ext. hard drive half full as well as my onboard 500GB Hard drive.
My NERO Express8, I only use to burn Music/data, not for editing anything else, so it's good that they will be compatible with nero.
I am just beginning. Someone also told me not to use Mp3 as a already compressed file,but to use uncompressed wav or cda files aloong with the Video unto I finalize and burn.
are my Graphics, and sound cards ok?
Thanks again! Whew! :eek:

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
That cable will do fine for hooking up. Just plu into the Movieboard's ports once you get it. The board, by the by, will have a funky plug that its breakout box (included with the board) plugs into. That breakout box has the audio, video and S-video inputs and outputs (for if you're having Studio output to videotape, though why would you want to?). Firewire is on the board itself.

You don't need to worry about your sound card. If you come in by firewire, the sound is within the digital file. Bring analog in via the Movieboard. I once had a video capture board that required I bring audio in via the sound card. The result was frequently ending up with sound not in sync with the video (sometimes as much as 2/3 of a second, and that's wa-a-a-y-y-y-y bad). That problem went away with the Movieboard, as everything comes in together and in sync.

It sounds like you have enough hard drive space, but as we all know, we can never have too much. Do keep all your video files on the same drive. I install Studio to the C: drive, but keep all the AVI files and other files on the D: drive. The difference in storage is not analog versus digital, because once you've imported it, it is digital. The difference is DVD versus hi-def. Hi-Def files will be much bigger because they contain lots more video information.

To be technical, it's NTSC versus HDTV. NTSC is standard TV that we've had since the 1940s, first as black-and-white and then as color. HDTV is what we switch over to June 12 (delayed from February). All Blu-ray and HD-DVD (the format that failed, came in a red case) players will play standard DVDs. Blu-ray disks work only on Blu-ray players, HD-DVD disks work only on HD DVD players -- and neither will work in a DVD player. That's why I recommend staying with standard DVD -- it plays on everything.

Personally, I'd get another 500G drive and install it as a slave drive if you're standard ATA. Serial ATA is simply a case of plugging it into the next plug on your motherboard.

I agree with your friend about using .wav versus .mp3. If you use an audio editing program, you'll find editing .wav files much easier. In many, perhaps most, you can't edit .mp3 files at all. If all you want to do is dump the file into Studio on the sound track and just fade in or out, you can use .mp3. Unless your ears are real good, you won't notice the difference. I can hear a difference, but it's pretty slight and you need good equipment to notice. Most TV speakers are not in that class, though if the TV is hooked into a high-powered sound system, audiophiles will tell the difference.

Personally, I always use .wav files.

As for the video card, it looks to me like it will do just fine.

About being a novice in video: We all were at one time. That's why I am so high on Studio. I started with version 9, and I was doing basic stuff -- as it happened, transferring VHS-C tapes to DVD -- within 15 minutes.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
I won't get into the software. I use a Mac. But to capture the analog video, another high quality alternative would be the Canopus products, such as the ADVC110. It's an external box that connects to the PC via firewire. Better quality than many of the cheaper capture cards.

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Thanks Rick, Kenny and Glenn for your feedback!
Rick, You mentioned Pinnacle's Studio and Movieboard. Which one were you talking about..I noticed two @ Frys...The Movieboard Plus for $130.00,or the Pinnacle Studio Movieboard for $80.00?
I have two e-Sata hard drives. 74GB WD Raptor for Apps,and WD 500GB for storage,which is half full. if I get another SATA/300 HD,and I already have the master and slave,what do I set this new internal HD at?

if I simply plug it in, would it auto detect as another slave? Maybe I should just buy another EXT. 1 TB HD for $130.00, since a EXT. 500GB eSata/300 is going for $80.00.

So My graphics card is ok for video,and my using WinXP with a capacity of 3.3GB DDR Ram sufficient?

Glenn, $217.00 @ Amazon for the ADVC110 is a little much than I would like to pay. I don't know if i should do this in two steps. 1) Buy decent but not overly expensive VHSC tp DVD software for now,then when I do finally buy a new HD Digital Camcorder,then buy good Digital editing software for that, or 3) buy something now that will take care of both worlds,I just don't want to throw money away by buying wrong software.

BTW...This ADVC110 states"Compatible with leading editing and DVD authoring applications includingÊCanopus EDIUS, Canopus Let's EDIT, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, Vegas, iLife,ÊUlead MediaStudio Pro, and Windows Movie Maker".

Am I not looking for something to do it all? Or is this just the hardware to be used with new software?

Can anyone tell me if once I burn a VHSC to DVD, can I transfer that to my computer, then do any editing as far as adding .wav files and fade out the bad scenes and fade in the good, then finalize and burn to a DVD that anyone with a player can watch?

Thanks. Very helpful advice from you guys,but I'm diving into this and feel just a tad overwhelmed with all the video software out there to choose from.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
To answer some of your questions:

1. I believe you have two Pinnacle products confused. According to the Pinnacle website (pinnaclesys.com), there is no such thing as a "Movieboard Plus." There is, however, a "Moviebox Plus," and it's at the price you mention. The Moviebox is a different product that brings analog in via a USB port. I've had very bad luck with things that bring video in via USB. I know the Movieboard works, so that's what I'd recommend. It is, however, your money.

2. Most motherboards have 4-5 SATA plug-ins. If you have any that are unused, just plug your new drive's control cable into the one with the lowest number. Personally, I'd replace that 74GB drive with something much larger. I realize that the 74 is your C: drive and you'd have to re-install Windows and other apps -- but you'd get a lot more capacity.

3. You have sufficient RAM.

4. Don't buy any el cheapo VHS to DVD software.

5. As for the Canopus, there are nice reviews of it on Amazon, so it seems to be a good product. However, it's a bit pricey for my tastes -- and the (less expensive) Movieboard does the job extremely well. Again, you pays your money and takes your choice.

6. Once you burn the DVD, that's how it is. If you use one of those VHS to DVD programs mentioned above, a direct dub is all you can do -- and you still need something like the Movieboard or the Canopus to bring the analog into your system. Therefore,

7. Get Studio. Here's why: When you bring in your analog video from your VHS-C, it is saved on your hard drive as an AVI file. YOU HAVEN'T BURNED A DVD YET! You are working in Studio's "Capture" tab, and that's exactly what you've done. You've captured that video as a digital file. Next you work under Studio's "Edit" tab. You drag-and-drop your AVI file icon onto the Storyboard. If all you want to do is make the DVD with no changes, you go to Studio's last tab -- "Make Movie." It's all very straightforward.

8. Can you cut out the bad parts? Yes, you can. When you're in "Edit," switch to timeline view. When you come to a bad part, put the cursor at the beginning and then press the razor blade icon. You now have two segments. Move it to the end of the bad part. Press the razor blade again. Now you have three. Segment 1 is OK, segment 2 is not, segment three is OK. Next, highlight segment 2 and press delete. The bad part is gone. To make the transition between the two parts less jarring, pull down a dissolve from the transitions tab on the side of your screen. Result: a smooth transition between two good parts.

9. Can you add music? Again, yes. In timeline view, click on the music tab, select your audio file, and drag-and-drop it to the music track. Raise or lower the volume to where you want it. Once you're done cutting out bad video and adding music, move to "Make Movie" and burn your DVD.

10. The DVD you make with Studio (or, for that matter, any of the good editing programs) will play on almost all players. There will always be the random player that doesn't work, but I haven't seen one yet. It's possible, but highly unlikely.

11. The current version of Studio (version 12) can edit HD as well as standard, so you won't need to buy a new program when you get the HD camera and the bugs on burning Blu-ray are worked out. There are mucho compatibility problems right now, but there were back when we started burning our own DVDs, too. Rest assured, those problems will eventually be solved.

12. Remember always: In Studio you are not going directly from VHS to DVD. You are going from VHS to digital AVI file. It is the digital AVI file that you can edit and add music to. Once you've done that, then (and only then) are you going to DVD. It's a three-stage process, not two like with the el cheapo "VHS to DVD" programs. The third stage, the one in the middle i.e. editing, is where you can cut out bad parts, add music, add transitions, add menus, insert photos. It's where you get to have fun.

SO ---

Have fun!

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
In re-reading your last message, I'm a little confused about your hard drives. You say they're SATA, but refer to configuring them as master and slave. Master and slave are ATA/IDE terms. SATA doesn't use them.

I also have never seen a 74GB SATA drive. I'm not saying it isn't possible, but all the one's I've seen -- other than notebooks -- are a lot bigger. If it is SATA, it's got some age on it, and it may be time to reinstall the apps on a new drive. If it has been a long time -- like 6 months or a year -- since you installed Windows and Office on the computer, you can in all probably install them again with no activation problems.

Microsoft apparently doesn't keep activation info beyond that period. You can imagine how many servers they'd need to keep all the data. Activation is mainly aimed at combating piracy; they probably figure a second install happen a year later isn't a pirate but rather a legit user whose old computer failed. I have built a new machine with all new components and done clean installs with previously-activated XP and Office with no activation problems.

Anyway, back to SATA and ATA/IDE drives:

The difference between the drives is obvious: ATA/IDE uses the wide flat gray cable. SATA uses a much narrower, but a little thicker, red cable. It also has a different power connector.

SATA drives aren't set master and slave; the motherboard does it automatically. ATA/IDE are configured (a) by putting jumpers on pins or (b) in a "cable select" setting.

Therefore, if your hard drives are SATA, you just have to plug the new drive's red cable into the next receptable up, and hook up power to it. If they're ATA/IDE, it gets a little more complicated. You might want a pro, or a friend with lots of experience mucking around inside his computers, to handle it for you.

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Hi Rick and you are right..:emoji_thumbsup: I just had a temporary lapse of reasoning there for a moment.

The 74GB is a Sata Western Digital "Raptor" hard drive.

Raptor 74GB 3.5" Hard Drive Product Details at PriceGrabber

I also have onboard the MSI Platinum MoBo another hard drive which is a 500GB Western Digital Sata/300, neither is a IDE, so I forgot that it doesn't matter as far as master and Slave. My Bad.

You said....
I purchased everything for this build back in January 5th, 2008. $150.00 for the 74GB Raptor and $130.00 for the 500GB.

I'm curious Rick, Why would I have to replace the hard drives just after 15 months of service? I thought Serial - ATA was the new techie thingie to replace the old IDE HD's. I also think this 500GB was Sata II/300.

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
My guess that your 74 has some age on it appears to be wrong. That guess was based on the fact that I built my current machine 2-1/2 years ago, and the smallest drive I saw then was over 100GB. What I got was a pair of 500GB Maxtors for about $200 each.

You don't have to replace that 74 because of age, but I'd still replace it because of size. For this day and age, it's very small, and when it comes to hard drive space, size does indeed matter. I'm curious, though: What feature did it have that made you buy a 74GB drive that was more expensive ($150) than your 500GB ($130)?

As I said before, though, it's your money. I can only say what I'd do.

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Happy Saturday morning to you!
:crazy: See how one can get really confused with all these apps?
Pinnacle does make both the Movieboard, and Moviebox. Here is the Movieboard plus link:

Pinnacle Studio MovieBoard Plus - video input adapter - PCI TV Tuner Adapter reviews - CNET Reviews
Price range: $137.99 - $139.99 This is a PCI.

My question was which of these to get,since you mentioned Studio...Studio,Studio plus, or Studio Ultimate.
here is that link...

Pinnacle Studio Plus video editing software ? The #1 selling digital video editing software

"Pinnacle Studio Plus works natively with HDV and AVCHD footage." Rick, I think this may be what I need with my new HD camera,(whatever ythat will be) not my old VHSC analog camera.

At present, on the 74GB Raptor,I have only 15.3GB used, and 53.9 free space.
On the 500GB Internal for storage, I have 102GB Used and 363 free space. I still have an extra 500WD External HD I use for backup.
At the time of this build, I was relying on experience from these puter tech forums to steer me in the right direction. From all the replies, the consensus (15 months ago) was to get the 74GB raptor, dump the applications on it because it runs extremely faster for accessing apps, than the SataII HD. Then dump all the storage on the 500GB.

If I am to do video editing, Do I still need another internal 500GB HD? I have a 6600 Quad Intel,which seems to run really hot in the summer in my room,so I added a few more cooling fans around the inside of my case. 1 exhaust out the back, 1 side case fan, and 1 at the top, and one in the front....and by adding another hard drive, do you think I would also need a hard drive cooler fan too to cool three hard drives?

On the MSI mainboard, I have a temp monitor. It's 9:30AM and the CPU is @ 25c/77f. I try not to run it in the heat of the summer during the day. It's down near the floor with a little stand I made with a cutout on top, so the heat can come out of the bottom.
htf_images_smilies_drum.gif
Yeah, I was on the gong show back in 1977, no gong, but a years supply of turtle wax.
Again, Thanks for all your help.

http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSit...MovieBoard.htm

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
There is a moment in really bad mystery movies when the detective says "AHA!" This is such a moment. Studio introduced a new product and changed names on me. The "Movieboard Plus" is what they used to call the "Movieboard." What they call the "Movieboard" is a new product that doesn't do as much. I guess from their perspective it's better than calling their new product the "Movieboard Minus."

The big "Minus" in what they call the Movieboard is that IT DOESN'T HAVE AUDIO INPUTS! It relies in your sound card to bring audio in, and then your computer to match everything up. As I noted before, that's asking for trouble. If I'm buying it, get the "Movieboard Plus" -- which until this new, audio input-less product came out, they just called the "Movieboard."

Don't you just love all this? It's as if GM only made Cadillacs, and then came out with a new car they would call it a Cadillac while calling the old Cadillac (which they would still make) the "Cadillac Plus."

Egad!

As for the different flavors of Studio. They're all the same basic program. Studio Plus adds features to Studio, and Studio Ultimate adds more to Studio Plus. Anything you can do in Studio (plain version, not plus or ultimate), you can do in Studio Plus, and more. Everything you can do in Studio Plus, you can do in Studio Ultimate, and more. Any of them, however, will work with both your current VHS-C camera and your future HD camera.

I would say get Ultimate, except that Studio Plus comes with either of the Movieboards, and you're just getting started with the program. When it comes to upgrade time (for me, when I build the next computer or replace a hard drive), get Ultimate.

As for hard drive space, you can probably get by with what you have. Personally, I'd add the extra drive or replace that 74. As I said before, though, it's your money, not mine. You have to decide what's for you.

My system has two 500GB Maxtors, plus two DVD drives, a floppy (I put one in all my systems. Yes, I know, how quaint!) and all my expansion slots are filled. The CPU is an Athlon 64x2 Dual Core 4800+. I also have an external 250GB drive, but that's just for storing music.

The only fans in my system are on the CPU, in the power supply, and on the front and back grilles set so the air goes in the front and out the back. I don't know that you need more than that, but then I don't know your system.

I do know that I haven't had an overheating problem, even in the summer, and this room isn't air conditioned though it is downstairs and does get some cooling from being in the end of the house that's below ground level (we're a split foyer on/in a hill).

Anyway, you want the Movieboard Plus, which they used to call just the Movieboard. You DON'T want what they now call the Movieboard, which is really a Movieboard Minus.

You eventually want Studio Ultimate, but wait until upgrade time. For now, the copy of Studio Plus that comes with the Movieboard Plus will do just fine.

bozobytes

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jim
Rick,
I did not mean for you to spend this beautiful day splainin' it all. I went to frys. I was going anyway because I wanted to replace my nero8 with the nero9, and after rebates, it's free, so I wanted to stay current on my music burnin' software.
Then I ventured to the Video isle of confusion. I had the Pinnacle Studio plus v.12 in hand, and looking at the contents, I did not see a video capture device included.This was only the software,no hardware. So I went to the wall of capture.

They had:
1)Pinnacle Studio MovieBox plus (USB) for $99.00. (Capture included)

2)Studio Movieboard Plus (PCI) $129.00 (Capture included)

3) Studio Movieboard (PCI) $79.00.

4) DAZZLE Video creator Plus w/ capture card. $90.00

5) Scratching my head....again.

They had a few dazzle products from pinnacle.

Thanks, now go rest on the seventh day! Jim

Rick Thompson

Screenwriter
The Movieboard Plus comes with a version of Studio, I suspect Studio 11, which will serve your needs quite well.

SO --

In response to your list of options, I paraphrase Jack Lord's ending to those "Next Week on Hawaii Five-O" voiceovers:

Movieboard Plus. Get it. Aloha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks