Bad Boys for Life (2020)

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Title: Bad Boys for Life

Genre: Thriller, Action, Crime

Director: Adil El Arbi, Bilall Fallah

Cast: Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, Derrick Gilbert, Vanessa Hudgens, Alexander Ludwig, Joe Pantoliano, Charles Melton, Paola Nuñez, Massi Furlan, DJ Khaled, Jay Dubb, Kate del Castillo, Emily Towles, Scott Rapp, Theresa Randle

Release: 2020-01-16

Plot: Marcus Burnett is now a police inspector and Mike Lowery is in a midlife crisis. They unite again when an Albanian mercenary, whose brother they killed, promises them an important bonus.

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Looks absolutely horrible. Indistinguishable from the countless clones of better films. Ugh.

J

JayJay

Mr. Lawrence looks like Mr Klump these days.

I think I'll catch it on Netflix. I liked the first one and the second one was ok. I don't feel this one is theater worthy at this point.

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I know January isn't the dumping ground it used to be, but a 1/16 release date still smells like a vote of little confidence from the studio...

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Oh, I think it looks just fine. Seeing this fun actors play these fun characters is the draw here and my wife and I are planning on seeing it at the theater (it opens close to her birthday, so the timing is awesome!).

YANG

Screenwriter
Looks absolutely horrible. Indistinguishable from the countless clones of better films. Ugh.
Well...
BB 1 was a popcorn flick.
BB 2 was another popcorn flick.
BB 3 ...Are u expecting it not to be a popcorn flick, but a twist, as a "steak" flick? Which u can savour every bits of meat in time consuming manner?

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Well...
BB 1 was a popcorn flick.
BB 2 was another popcorn flick.
BB 3 ...Are u expecting it not to be a popcorn flick, but a twist, as a "steak" flick? Which u can savour every bits of meat in time consuming manner?
I’m not expecting it to be anything actually. I was merely commenting on the trailer.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
The first trailer has managed to make an action/comedy look boring. Have to see what other ones do, but this one does not make one want to run out and see this film when it opens.

YANG

Screenwriter
personally,i was expecting something else... perhaps a transfer of senior negotiator/detective from SFPD whom had handled a nutcase like Michael Wincott to join crime fighting team with the younger black duos... yeah... Metro may hv flopped a big time then,i do hv a good popcorn time with Eddie Murphy action comedy flicks that period.

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
I'm glad to see it's getting good reviews. I just got back from seeing it and it was very entertaining.

It's still a formula action movie, but Smith and Lawrence have great chemistry and the script is actually funny. It doesn't feel forced like it does in other actions movies (Hobbs & Show, for example).

Much better than the 2nd film.

B+

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm borderline shocked by the good reviews, just because I thought the 1st 2 movies weren't very good.

Still not sure if I'll bother with this one, but I'm more interested than I was before the reviews hit!

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I saw it, it was okay, but I swear this was the buddy-buddy cop version of
Gemini Man

The actress playing Rita wasn't a good actress, but very easy on the eyes.

Chris Will

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chris WIlliams
I walked out of the theater saying eh, about what I expected from a Bad Boys movie. Guess I'm just not a fan of this series. As far as recent action movies go, I enjoyed Gemini Man more.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Based on the last three posts, I'm surprise this movie got a 76% score on Rotten Tomatoes and the audience score is at 97%. It even got an "A" grade from Cinemascore.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks