What's new

Back To The Future Coming August 20TH- (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I thought E.T. was the one coming in August, and Back to Future in July. On any rate, BTF is coming soon!

James D S

Screenwriter
Is that a complete R1 release list? Or does it just pertain to Australia?

Complete 1st season of Friends is coming. Niice... (I thought Australia already had it.)

Spero D

Second Unit
I think this is a R1 release list for the US as it has The Game Criterion mentioned and the Criterion collection is not sold in Australia.

Spero D.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
That's a pretty cool-looking list from a site that I think I've heard of before, but never visited.
Question is, how trustworthy is that list? Where does the info come from? Is it all solid?
The confirmable-dates all look good. Of the long list at the bottom of "unannounced" stuff, a few "2003" titles I'm pretty sure are meant to hit in 2002, but they're mistakes anyone could make (and I could be the mistaken one).
I'm just not sure this is solid enough, though, to mark it on my calendar. Although, if true, would put it in the week before my birthday! :D

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Gee, it really would be cool if they released the Back To The Future Trilogy SE on October 21, 2002 (hint, hint). I find it rather odd that my birthday is mentioned in the second movie. :D

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Cool. That BTTF release is two days before my birthday. Who's gonna buy it for me? :)

MarkBurton

Second Unit
What's with Watcher In The Woods being on this list? This was supposed to be on the upcoming Anchor Bay double disk set of The Evil Dead. Have they now secured rights and releasing this film as a seperate disk? Check out the site under April 2nd.

Greg Black

Second Unit
I believe you're thinking of "Within The Woods" as being on the Evil Dead disc (which now it's not going to be). "Watcher In The Woods" is a Disney produced horror movie from the early 80's.

Skoobooz

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jay
I don't see how this list is in any way reliable. I certainly want to believe that there is a set date for the Back to the Future Trilogy, amongst other items on that list. But it just seems so doubtful.... I mean, the Criterion Edition of The Game was rumored to be coming out on April 23rd a couple weeks ago...only to be debunked by Criterion themselves, saying that they're still negotiating with Polygram. Also, the list doesn't specify certain things that were announced today, like the Jerry Maguire Special Edition (for April 30th) and the Traffic Special Edition. Can anyone really vouch for the reliability of this list? Can Ron or someone else give some verification on these dates and titles? The Digital Bits recently said that ET was coming in August and BTTF was coming in July. This site contradicts that somewhat. I'm not getting my hopes up yet.

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
I mentioned this in the Simpsons Season 2 thread that is now going.
I have to agree with Jeremy. When did efilmcritic.com become a reliable source for release date information? It's not, never has been. Why all the speculation threads from news taken from this site? :frowning:
-Chad

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks