What's new

BACHELOR Alex - You Kicked Off The Wrong One! (1 Viewer)

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
All right, since no else would stoop to starting a thread on this predictable sillyness let me take one for the team.

My wife and I watched it for a few minutes the first night it was on and got hooked. My guilty pleasure to be sure. Actually the body language of the girls and guy are quite fun to watch.

Starting with 25 girls and one lucky guy - can we say fantasy here! - he has to eliminate the unworty until he gets to choose one. The girl of his dreams -the prettiest, the most talented - the most polished - the potential mother of his children. Who am I trying to kid. He gets to pick the girl that makes him feel most like a man. And the one he would least want as a wife.

If you have followed the series you know that Alex, the lucky bachelor, gets to date a series of attractive and talented women. He also gets the dirty task of kicking 24 our of bed. Both figuratively and literally.

From the first winnowing to 15 women, it seemed obvious who he was going to choose and even why he chose some of the women who would not be around.

Tonight he kicked out Shannon. A beautiful brunette, but a woman who seemed to threaten Alex by her directness. As a couple they looked awesome, but Alex chose the easy route.

He has been hot for Trista from the beginning, and a look at her in a bikini shows why. She has been quite reserved toward Alex and I don't think she has bought into him or this concept. But it is a game and as long as she gets to stay around it is fun.

From the beginning Amanda, a silicon enhanced shapely blond has been a front runner. Alex you are so obvious. The show sends Alex and Amanda on a date to New York City. At dinner the producer hands them a card. Would they like to forgo their individual accomodation and share an individual suite. Ya think! Amanda can hardly get out of her chair fast enough and we are informed that a good time was had by both.

Show over. Well except that Alex has to take Shannon Skiing and Trista to Hawaii. Shannon is no dummy. She knows that there are probably three identical letters and does not spare Alex her consternation. Alex, this women tells it to you straight. She is not a sprinter, but if you were to develop a relationship she would be an endurance runner. Never mind. She is too smart for Alex.

Alex is one of the dumbest lucky bastards - err maybe lucky dumb bastard.

Next week we get the final surprise decision.

Oh please.

Amanda stay and spend the night.

Trista, by!

Shawn C

Screenwriter
My wife and I have watched the past two shows as well. I think it's a very very very sad show. I know that these women say that they really don't care if they get 'voted' off, but they do.

I liked Shannon as well. She might seem cold but I think she is just trying to protect herself. I applaud her for sticking to her guns and not succoming to all of the pressure to be intimate.

It's not like you are playing for money. These are people's feelings. I guess you can say that they should all expect it, but it still sucks. I don't think that anyone needs to be treated like that.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious that he took the easy way out. I would hate to be in the same position as this guy. I mean, yeah, it's cool to be surrounded by all of these beautiful women. But, i would never want to be put into a position where I had to choose from three women under those circumstances.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
So he votes off the girl with the most self-respect. Now there's a shocker. I don't think he would be on the show if he wanted a girl who respected herself.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Possibly in the near future, we'll be getting the "Batchelorette" game where all the guys wanting to get hitched will have to parade around in a speedo.

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
Am I the only person that couldn't stand Shannon? She was, and pardon my candor, a prude and a drama queen, made clear by the multiple cases of her getting POed at the smallest things and her refusal to get into the hot tub. I understand her uneasyness with the cameras but she took it to the extreme. If she was so mad about the letter just say 'no' and be done with it, she was so mad it looked like she wanted to take him out behind the woodshed. Alex was quite a bit nicer than I would have been when she stomped back and demanded a reason why. I would have said that I could tell in 10 years that she'd be an extremely nagging wife that would make me want to kill myself at the thought of spending the rest of my life with her. I had to laugh when she said, at the end, "I don't want someone who can't love me for me" AFTER he booted her...

"Yeah, well I didn't want that thing that I just lost, so there"

chris c

Stunt Coordinator
Well, as one who detests reality television, I was surprised to find myself hooked on this show. Yes, it's pathetic. Yes, it's demeaning to women (although they asked for it). Yes, it's friggin' hilarious. I think he made the only feasible choice here. Shannon, as the poster above points out, is cold as the ice they were skiing on. Did you happen to notice that during the meet-the-parents segment last week she paid WAY more attention to her dog than the bachelor? I'd go for Amanda, but would always be kind of wishing they were real.

Rob Willey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Rob
I too detest reality TV but got hooked on this show. I think Shannon and Alex had significant communication problems they weren't going to be able to overcome in this short time frame. I'm not sure what Shannon was thinking signing up for this hyper-accelerated format for finding a mate, I just don't think she was cut out for it. She struck me as terribly repressed. I think Alex made the right call.

I would not want to have to choose between Amanda and Trista. Although I'd take either one.

Rob

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> Possibly in the near future, we'll be getting the "Batchelorette" game where all the guys wanting to get hitched will have to parade around in a speedo.

It would only be fair to have a version where a woman gets to choose from a group of men.

I missed the first couple episodes... did they ever explain why Alex is supposed to be such a catch? It does seem silly to see a bunch of beautiful women fighting over an average guy, like any of them would have trouble finding a man. But it seems like most of the last few women are in love with the guy.

I think a better format would be to have maybe 5 or 6 guys instead of one, rotate the women around, & let each guy hand out a certain number of roses. Some women would get them from more than one man, & this would give the ladies more of a choice, forcing some competition among the men.

It always cracks me up when they say the women are "empowered" because they can say no to the rose.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I never understood from the ads, what the "bachelor" offered? Is he rich, famous, incredibly sensitive, or what? What is there about him that 25 women would be interested in marrying him?

If you like this show, you might find "Elimidate" interesting. It's by the same people who brought us "Blind Date" I believe. one girl, four guys (and vice versa) go on an extended date; one would-be suitor gets the boot after each of the date segments. "Contestants" are interviewed where they dish.

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Yes, it's pathetic. Yes, it's demeaning to women (although they asked for it). Yes, it's friggin' hilarious.
I knew others thought the same as me. I love when a show takes itself seriously. This beats any sit-com I can think of. I don't think any soap opera could come with goofier characters that the three women and Alex that are left.

Trista. "I have never had an orgasm through intercourse."

Alex. Hmmm. I'd sure like to help with that problem

Amanda. "I wasn't divorced, my marriage was annulled."

Alex. "Oh so you are not a divorcee. That's good." Gosh, she might still be a virgin then.

Shannon. Honey, what part of this show don't you understand? Girls agree to come on national TV to humiliate themselves in a cattle auction. You have to suspect that the Bachelor will try to make-out with as many of the women as he can and then if the opportunity presents itself, to ...

Alex. You could pick one girl and make the whole process work for you. If you had liked Shannon, then show her how devoted you would be to her and not do all the things that she would you suspect of doing.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
I never understood from the ads, what the "bachelor" offered? Is he rich, famous, incredibly sensitive, or what? What is there about him that 25 women would be interested in marrying him?
It doesn't matter. It's all about perception. Put any guy on that show and the women will be ready to stab each other over him. It's not an indictment of women, it's an indictment of society and the worship over media-created celebrities and artificial scarcity.

Chris Lock

Second Unit
> If you like this show, you might find "Elimidate" interesting.
I've seen it. It's something like MTV's "Dismissed", which only has two people vying for the attention of one member of the opposite sex.
Speaking of that, when is one of the dating shows going to venture into same-sex dating? That would seem inevitable, or has it already happened?
> Is he rich, famous, incredibly sensitive, or what?
He's semi-famous for being on that show. :D Just like the women.
It would be funny if the last woman left says, "Gee, Alex, thanks for picking me, but I only like you as a friend."

Steve Clark

Second Unit
She might seem cold but I think she is just trying to protect herself. I applaud her for sticking to her guns.
And the Ice Princess, Darva Conger II got herself booted off. She enterred herself in this contest. The object is to win, thus her strategy failed. Shannon really blew it that last couple of weeks. I think she was running neck and neck with Amanda prior to her meltdown. Instead of trying to protect herself, she came across as cold, distant, evasive, aloof and having many hangups, which is a recipe for divorce. She gets it honest from her mom, who came across as very cold and evasive after Alex left the house. I thought Shannon was going to slap Alex after she was walking towards the car after being booted and turned around to ask Alex "Why?". What a beauty though.

I really like this show. Of course, I like Survivor, Fear Factor and The Osbournes too. Alex seems more appealing each week I watch him and a good sport about all the shenanigans and hoops he must jump through. Alex and Amanda seem too compatible, too safe. I am leaning toward picking Trista in an upset. She is a riskier pick, but has more upside for Alex. However, I think if Alex goes this route, he will forego the ring for now.

Lewis Besze

Senior HTF Member
Oh I agree with the Shannon "beaters".
I knew shes gonna go when she had a hard time to show her swimsuit.[has this chick ever been to the beach or a lake or by a pool?]
I think she's the prettiest,and more inteligent,then the rest,but that attitude,and ego,are gonna make her and old lady!
Well, there are suckers for every tit though.:)

Brad_V

Second Unit
It doesn't matter. It's all about perception. Put any guy on that show and the women will be ready to stab each other over him. It's not an indictment of women, it's an indictment of society and the worship over media-created celebrities and artificial scarcity.
Well, women *do* get jealous easily and are very competitive with each other. That's why on shows like Jerry Springer the guy will be cheating on the gf/wife, but then when the mistress comes out the gf/wife goes after HER and completely forgets the guy is the one at fault.

Watching shows like this and "Who Wants to Marry a Millionaire" and the like help me realize what really attracts most women. And the more I incorporate those things, the more women I attract. Which is unfortunate, really.

Win Joy Jr

Stunt Coordinator
Shannon started her meltdown last week when they went to meet the parents. She ran out to play with the dog and leave Alex to fend for himself. I got the impression that Shannon was running her own game, and she did not bother to let anyone in on the rules…

But this thing is high drama. Remember a few weeks back with the one who had a panic attack after not getting a rose? Was she not in real estate? I do not think going on this show was a wise career move…

And bringing in Alex’s “friends” was just way too “Twilight Zone”. I think the “real” Alex is a REAL jerk…

Ashley Seymour

Supporting Actor
Alex will pick the lucky girl (Amanda) here in a few minutes.

The session with all the girls in on and one of the best parts of the show. Shannon gets to tell her story. Yes, she is the ice princess and who knows if Alex could have melted her, but she is hard to beat.

Is Alex a jerk? Well, he could be more polished, but I wonder how many of us could have done better. He still has the ultimate fantasy.

Brad_V

Second Unit
Ah, looks like Alex had the slick moves tonight. "You will be the one." Or was that, "You would be the one if I had to choose right now"? Doesn't matter, because it looks like it got the one to do all sorts of fun things to him once the cameras stopped rolling. Ah, some people are so easily manipulated, aren't they.

Man, who ARE some of these people? Who's the one he picked, Amanda? I forget her name. She's 23, already married and anulled, and says she wishes she could skip her younger years and go straight to middle-age and have a family and everything. Um, ok. She matches up with "Boy, I sure do need to get married" Alex then.

It is so annoying to see people in love with the thought of being in love and wanting to get married just for the sake of getting married. But, at least Alex's parents seem to have some common sense among them, and, surprisingly, (even after picking out a wedding ring apparently to impress her), Alex doesn't go for the quick proposal which he knows she would have said yes to. So I gotta give him that.

Me, I would have picked the other one. Doesn't seem like such a bubblehead.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks