What's new

"BABYLON 5" Delayed (1 Viewer)

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Just got an e-mail from Total Action Universe saying that the Babylon 5 season one set has been delayed a week by Warner Home Video. New street date is November 12th. The R2 release was also pushed back - in that case two weeks, from October 14th to the 28th. No reason given for the delay, although based on the problems reported with the R2 version, I think we can rule out a Q.C. issue. WHV evidently isn't doing quality control on this set. :)
Regards,
Joe

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Actually they were delayed in Canada. It has happened to me before ordering from canadien stores. For some reason stuff gets delayed up there all the time. I reordered B5:S1 yesterday froM DVDEmpire and mine was shipped today

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Perhaps demand was higher than anticipated and they couldn't replicate enough disks to meet every shop request. The smaller retailers (or Canada as a whole) may have been shafted because of that.

No email from TAU here yet about a delay, but I don't have a shipping notice either. Since my order was big (Spider-man and X-Files Season 6), some notice would have been nice so that I could have reorganized things to get the other items shipped now.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Well, I e-mailed them to inquire about the shipping date, and was told about the delay in their reply. Didn't realize this only applied to Canada. I saw a usenet message earlier in the day reporting the same thing, but the writer didn't specify who he'd ordered from, and I thought this was a general problem.

Regards,

Joe

Rob T

Screenwriter
A lot of DVDs seemed to get pushed back a bit up here these days. :frowning:

Peter Overduin

Supporting Actor
In a sense; given WB's reluctance with the B5 franchise, I am going to take this as a good thing. Unlike the guessing we had to do with the first release - with WB saying the rest of B5 would depend in part on sales numbers from that -this delay, if indeed the result of higher than anticipated demand, then it would suggest that the rest of the series will be forthcoming indeed! Hopefully sooner than later.

Besides, with all the other DVD's coming out right now, another week will be good for my credit card.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Well that's why it has'nt shipped. This stinks But I won't cancel the Order, saving $30 0n the set certainly means I can wait a week. Besides I'm on vacation the week of ThanksGiving, I'm sure that's whanit'll get watched...

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Like mentioned WB probably didnt have enough sets to ship to canada so they wait to make more first. Thus the delay. It happened with MGM's stargate season 2 as well

capt

Henry V

Stunt Coordinator
I don't think it's delayed since I held a copy in my hands on Friday in a Canadian store that jumped the gun on putting it out for sale.:)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Henry some canadien stores may have got it, but a bunch of others didnt so they push the release back so the stores arent supposed to put them out

capt

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Well I received my copy in the mail today!

WARNING about the packaging. The discs in mine weren't seated very tightly, and two of the discs have nice little rubs on them, and one wasn't seated at all and was loose! I don't know if they will play or not, I will find out tonight.

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I recived mine also. Going to go watch now. Tell you my opinions later :)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
If it arrives next week, that means it will get here at the same time as LOTR:EE and SW:ATOC.

I won't leave the house that week, I guess!

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Well here at my first thoughts. Ive watched disc 1 (4 episodes )and a few of the extras.

I like the packaging. It just looks nice for display :)

So i pop in disc one and it begins

I decided to first watch the JMS intro where he talks breifly about his thoughts on the series and getting it started. Nice hat hes wearing .

As for picture quality. Its the best i have seen B5 look. The first episode Midnight on the Firing Line like past ways ive seen it(tv, vhs) and so on has some dust spots on it. This is pretty much from production values on the live action part of the first show as the FX looks fantastic. The first episode was pretty much a second pilot so i dont expect top quality. Take a look at the x-files pilot someday. Same thing happened there and they had more $$. Otherwise the picture was excellent. Once the 2nd episode hits B5 looks better then ever. Soul Hunter, Born to Purple and Infection all are very nice looking. So its fine by me. Cant wait to watch the rest.

As for sound since most of the stuff from the first 4 episodes is talk, the track is mostly centralized to the front, but the few times we see Ships go through the Jump Gate the surrounds are active, as well as the scene in Midnight on the Firing Line with the raiders. I cant wait to hear how B5 sounds like when it fires.

So far im happy. Im going to watch a lot more tommorow since im off. A all day B5 marathon :)

Ill let you guys know my thoughts on the rest of the set as well as the extras tommorow.

Capt

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Not surprising coming from TAU. I preordered my Friends:S2 set from them in August and WB still hasn't given it to them. I've inundated TAU with emails and they give the same "it will be here soon" response, so don't be surprised if this happens with B5 (another WB title) too.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks