What's new

"BABYLON 5" Delayed (1 Viewer)

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
So everyone who buys a region 1 copy knows. And the Sky Full of Stars does not have that double bar problem people with the Region 2 set have mentioned. I just finished Disc 2 and I forgot just how much each episode had something, even if very tiny that has to do with stuff that happens in the rest of the show. Well Im off to watch Disc 3

capt

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Joey,
Thank you so much for your updates!
I am one of the unfortunate TAU customers....:frowning:
Andy

Aaron_Brez

Supporting Actor
Picked up one at Costco for $69.99. Lowest I've seen at a brick & mortar so far. WalMart may go lower.

Andy_Bu

Supporting Actor
Oh man, I am "this" close to cancelling my TAU order and going to brick and morter....

Walmart's online price is $74.63

Andy

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
Well Guys im now half way through Disc 4 . The show looks very nice. The dust spots i mentioned on the first episode or so are not on any episodes since then. Like i said it was the way it was filmed at the start. Nice to finally watch Signs and Portents again after so long. After Im done with the entire season Ill watch it with JMS's commentary to see what he said. Just watched TKO. May not have been a great episode but it had one line repeated twice which was a big forshadow of things to come. I should have just make a list of all the stuff that was hinted at. Maybe some other time :). Well im going to try and finish the rest of disc 4 (Grail and Eyes)tonight before 24 goes on. Ill finish the rest of the season tommorow when i get home from work.
Capt

Chris Harvey

Second Unit
Picked up my set at Costco today. I'm very pleased with the quality so far -- though some of the FX space shots look a bit softer than the live-action. Still, it's the best I've seen B5 look.
Bring on season 2! :D

Tom Boucher

Second Unit
Real Name
Tom
Mine came while I was out of town, looks great, can't wait to start watching.
The wife is out of town this weekend. been debating to see how long I can stay conscious by watching B5 Season 1 and ST:TNG Season 5 back to back. heh.
:D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
When I finally get the set I'm going to see if I can space the box set out, there's no telling when (or If for that matter) WB will get around to releasing season 2.

LarryH

Supporting Actor
Got mine in Tuesday's mail and found two of the six disks were floaters. Disk number 5 was severely scuffed and would not play :frowning: . WB's package does not seem to have the disks sufficiently well attached to withstand the rigors of the USPS.
Deep Discount DVD has promised to ship me a new copy today, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I can get one good set out of the debris.

Mike Poindexter

Stunt Coordinator
I am getting the B5 season one this weekend at Costco of that is the actual price and I can have it in my hands right now.
Has anybody seen the D-Box Odyssee Motion Simulator?
http://www.d-box.com/html_en.html
Basically, it is a home version of the hardware they use on the Star Tours ride and they are programming The Gathering and In The Beginning for it so that the entire movie will have motion simulation with it. I told them that if they programmed B5 for it, I would buy one. They couldn't program the entire 5 seasons just for one customer, but if there are more people interested, they will likely program the season boxed sets for this.
My simulator should be arriving in a couple of weeks. I will report how it works later.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
there's no telling when (or If for that matter) WB will get around to releasing season 2.
JMS said several months ago that WHV had told him that their tentative plan was to release S2 in April 2003, and S3 in November - a release pattern very similar to what Fox is doing with The X-Files. At that rate they'll finish the series with S5 in November 2004.
I don't think there is any doubt whatsoever that they'll continue with S2 (in fact I suspect that they're working on it right now.) All indications are that the set is selling well, probably exceeding their expectations. The pre-orders, as reflected in the S1 set's standing at various websites since it was offered in August, appear to be very strong. This almost certainly led to WHV's surprise decision to ad television advertising to its promotional effort. (TV ads were conspicuously absent from the list of promotional support featured on the DVD launch flash site.) As noted above it is possible, perhaps likely, that the Canadian release was delayed because demand exceeded supply and WHV diverted product to U.S. retailers, to ensure they had a supply on hand when the TV ads started up.
The likelihood is that S2, S3 and S4 will all sell in higher numbers than S1, because some fans view it as "set up", and because it is the season most likely to be skipped by those on tight budgets. S5 might sell a little less well than the three middle seasons, but my guess is that it will probably still slightly outsell S1. At worst it should tie the S1 numbers. So based on the limited pre-order data, the generally favorable reviews and the better-than-expected advertising effort, I don't think there is any danger that the entire series won't be released, and I look forward to the rest of the episodes, and the TV movies. In fact, I think the numbers will be good enough that we will even get the 13 completed episodes of Crusade, which I, for one, would also like to have.
The sales my even be good enough to convince WHV to accelerate the release schedule, which I'd certainly appreciate provided they don't "rush" and skimp on the extras for future sets. (BTW, how many of you would spring for a new SE release of The Gathering and In the Beginning on separate discs, with 5.1 remixes, cleaned-up video, and some decent extras - like JMS commentary tracks?)
Regards,
Joe

Chris Harvey

Second Unit
$70 at the Novato Costco, same as the earlier prices mentioned. At that price, I couldn't pass up having it in my greedy little hands NOW, so I cancelled my Amazon.ca order (which wouldn't ship till next week anyway).

Matt G

Auditioning
There doesn't seen to have been any delay in the area of canada that i live in. I went to Future Shop yesterday and they had already sold out of all the copies that they had recieved :frowning:
There price was $75.00 can

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks