What's new

B&W SPkrs 602s3 & LCR xxxx (1 Viewer)

DavidUL

Agent
I am so confused.. need some input or a swift kick in the but...

i just ordered the B&W 602s3's(FL,FR) and the LCR60 for my center (using a rotel 1057 *pick it up on friday)

since i left the shop i wondering if i should have went with the LCR600..

any input on these speakers ?

my ultimate plan would be to move the 602's to the rear in 6months to a year and move up to the 7's in the front..

I guess the question is how big of a difference will the 600 make.. ?

thanks

dave

MikeZz1

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike Z
I tried out the rotel 1057 with 4 601s3 and the LCR60. The box the front 2 came is was damaged in shipping and as a result the left front had no tweeter output. The center channel seemed fine, never having a surround system before I'm not quite sure if you would need anything more for a small room. My room is kind of bright since we have nothing on the new windows yet after remodeling. Store gave me a Marantz 7001 to try along with 2 602s3. These speakers sounded great but I the Marantz did not blend the subwoofer well at all. The sub (ASW600)sounded good with the Rotel. Not sure if the damaged front speakers made the room sound brighter or the Marantz was a lot warmer but I wish I could have tried the Rotel with the
602s. The FM tuner did sound better on the Marantz but it came with a little different antennae that the Rotel had and I planned on getting a real attenae for the attic. Let me know how you make out as it looks like you have the exact setup I was hoping to get.

DavidUL

Agent
nice pic alan..

is the 600 on a shelf over the TV ?
if so care to share the demensions.. ;) - was thinkig of doing that..

i think i am going to change my order tommorrow.. and go for it..

guess that was all the kicking i needed..

they shop said it will be a week or 2 until they get my b&W's in but will give me loaners when i pick up the rotel friday :)

to let you know how it all sounds

Ricky c

Stunt Coordinator
I would get the lcr600 it would be a better match.I have the 603s3's with a rotel rsx1056 and the lcr600.Great match.congrats on your setup by the way.

stackini

Auditioning
Real Name
Matthew STACK
Get the LCR60 if your room is small or the LCR600 if it is a large room. I have a small room and have 602s3 on the front. LCR60 centre front and centre rear and 601s3 on the rear with a REL Q150E for the sub. The LCR60 blends perfectly with the 602's and gives very precise sound. It also has more than enough bass depth as a centre.
You should speak to a dealer who does home visits and try them both for an hour and make your own mind up. Thats what I did and the LCR60 worked better for me.

Paul_Dunlop

Second Unit
The thing is, even if it matches your current room, it may not be big enough for your next room

This just happened to me - awesome center channel for my condo, just became a little too small for my new townhouse basement theater

I now wish I had gone with the bigger center 5 yrs ago

If you can afford it now, I would recommend the bigger center

DavidUL

Agent
thats what i was pondering when i left paul..

i went with it i am in a town home now.combined tv / dining room .. (if that makes sense) but i am not planning on staying here forever.. and my next place i want to build a dedicated media room.. so for the extra 150 i went with the 600.. i pick up the rotel and some B&W loaners tommorrow :)

DavidUL

Agent
well i picked up the B&W's but the rotel is on back order and i wont be seeing it until wed :frowning:.. right now they are running through my Denon av486 and i feel like i am doing such a dirty thing ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks