What's new

B&K Ref 30 audio auto-detect problem (1 Viewer)

Dave Falasco

Screenwriter
Hey, all. Haven't posted in hardware in quite a while, but I'm having a problem with my B&K Ref 30 that I just can't figure out.

I have my Xbox hooked up to the V1 input, and the pre-amp will not make the transition from an analog to a digital sound. As long as a steady digital stream is recieved (e.g. when I am in the middle of a game) the sound works just fine. But when there is an interruption in the audio stream (e.g. the game pauses briefly to save or load a game) the pre-amp drops from "Digital" to "Pro-Logic", and when the game resumes there is no sound.

To correct this, I can hit one of the surround modes on the remote (THX, Surround, etc.) and the pre-amp will pick the digital signal back up and resume the sound, but it gets pretty annoying having to fish for my remote every time the game pauses long enough for the pre-amp to drop into Pro-Logic.

Some connection info--I have the Xbox audio hooked up via a Toslink cable to the V1 digital input, and also via analog RCA cables to the V1 analog input. Disconnecting the analog cables does not fix the problem. Just for reference, I've got my satellite receiver hooked up the same way--Toslink into "Satellite" digital input and RCA into "Satellite" analog input and the B&K switches from analog to digital signal just fine for the Sat. Curious...

Anyone have any ideas? Something I can try? Previously I had a Yamaha 995 and it switched just fine between digital and analog signals for the Xbox...I'm flummoxed as to why the B&K is having such a problem, especially as the Dish receiver is hooked up the identical way with no problems... Does the B&K handle the V1 input differently than the Satellite input or something? :confused:

Rick Guynn

Second Unit
I would try hooking it up to the inputs that you are using for the satellite to isolate whether it is a problem with the Ref30 or the XBox.
If it works correctly when hooked up to the current satellite inputs, then I would say you have a prepro problem, if it still goofs up, then you have a problem with the output on the Xbox.

RG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks