What's new

Axiom surrounds (1 Viewer)

Hogie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hogarth
I noticed Willowville has some of what I thought were dipole surrounds, until I looked at Axiom's site. Quadrapoles, huh?
I was a victim of the ol' Bose 'Jedi mind trick' over a decade ago. (2 pairs of Bose Acoustimass 5s) Remember the Tom and Jerry cartoon where the dog gets an old trick played on him, then his head turned into a sucker? Yeah, that was me....
It was okay in my apartment, but when we got this house with substantial space and trees between me and my closest neighbor, the first thing I did was to rough in a surround set up, shove a metal CD in the player and cranked it. Accept, Balls to the Wall, I believe it was... Ugh, those bose sounded terrible! Anyway, my mains are now Paradigm studio 100s. I'm getting the matching cc590 for center. I'm interested hearing more about those Axiom surrounds.

David Willow

Babbling Idiot
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Willowville? Thanks for visiting
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I love the surrounds and it was one of the reasons I went with Axiom. As you can see my placement options for my sides are somewhat limited. I was forced to put them higher than they should be and one side offset more than the other. I tried various speakers in this room - direct and bi-pol. These are the first one's I've been completely satisfied with.

Oh, and I love "Balls to the Wall"!!! Think I'll break out the vinyl tonight and crank it.

jakewash

Grip
Real Name
Jason L
Accept, that brings back some memories!

I would suggest heading over to Axiom's forum to check the Hearing Things section and look for a possible audition. I know there are some owners in your area, not sure on how close. You could also contact Axiom directly and ask if there are any owners they could contact on your behalf. These in home auditions save you some money if you happen to not like them, no return shipping. I do know Axiom and Paradigm strive for the same sound so they do have a very similar sonic quality, the QS series is a great surround and all around great speaker.

Hogie

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark Hogarth
Thanks, folks! Accept's recordings play great loud, don't they? I'm pretty fond of the ceiling mount bracket Axiom offers, as well, because my theater is only half of the room. The other half of the room is the bar area, so there's no wall to mount my right center surround channel on. I can't use a speaker stand in the middle of the room because the little guy in my profile picture is blind, so it would surely get knocked over a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks