What's new

aura bass shakers newbie question (1 Viewer)

MarcHarley

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
i was wondering since i just ordered a pair of 25w shakers for my el-ran sofa and i have an old jvc 70w rms amplifier (not receiver)to drive them,
should i connect to the aux input because i tested it with an old passive sub and there barely was anything coming out of it, i then tried the phono plug for the fun of it and it sounded a bit louder but not loud enough for me,
now i'm wondering if my amp will be enough to properly drive the auras(i know you guys are saying that parts express are selling the cheap ones now but i wanted a pair anyway).

any help would be greatly appreciated since i shoulb be getting them next week along with the y rca splitter for my yamaha rxv1400 (with the x-over set at 80)

any suggestion?
thanks

ScottCarr

Second Unit
hope this helps. The JVC was a funny hook up, the shakers only worked using the TAPE input.
Also I just tie wrapped the shakers to the coils of the couch.

let me know if you need any help.

Scott

MarcHarley

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
thanks Scott,
i'll give it a try when i get them next week and i'll get back to you (the jvc is about 25 yrs old model a-x5)

Marc

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks