What's new

AudioSource setup vs Rotel RA-02 vs Marantz PM7000 (1 Viewer)

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
Still searching for a basic two-channel rig under $500.

The Marantz PM7000 is a nice integrated, recommended by several folks around here. It's built like a concrete block and sounds terrific.

The Rotel RA-02 sounds sweet as well, but definitely lacks the heft of the PM7000.

Haven't heard an AudioSource setup, but I'm interested in the PreOne + AmpTwo. Reviews are solid on this stuff.

Thoughts? My guess is that there won't be worlds of difference in performance. :D Any help appreciated in advance.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
From the Shamless Bump Dept.:

I'm most interested in whatever I can learn about reliability. Feature set seems fairly comparable. The Rotel has, on paper, the least power, and the Marantz the most, but that's not particularly an issue in the room the set-up is destined for.

I've auditioned the Marantz only. My local Rotel dealer has to special-order the RA-02, with no return possible. I will not have an opportunity to play with the AudioSource setup. Your comments about 'sound' will be (respectfully) ignored; I'm interested in anyone's experience as it relates to reliability or some other more tangible issue. :)

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks