What's new

Audio Sync problems with HDD, DVDR (1 Viewer)

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I picked up the LG HDD/DVDR with a 250g hard drive, model # lrh-539 and discovered that it has periodic problems woth keeping the audio in sync with the video when recording to the HDD from a VHS source. It seems to be random, as if I re-record the program that goes put of sync, it well record okay. I exchaned the unit, only to have the replacement do the same thing. I contacted LG customer service, they suggested I try the 2nd AV nput. I did, and the problem still exists.

I'm wondering, has anyone experianced this on other brands of HDD/DVDR recorders? I'm thinking of returning this unit and picking up a Toshiba or Panasonic (2 brands I've had success with in the past) but seeing as this LG is my first experiance with a HDD, I thought I'd check with the forum to see if this is just one of the evils of recording VHS to the hard drive. If so, I can live with it, if not, I'l replace the unit.

Any and all opinions well be greatly appreciated!
RG

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
BUMP

any feed back would e appreciated, whether you have experianced problems or not.

DennisPH

Auditioning
Hi...
I too experienced similar problems recently with my LG LHR-539. When i purchased mine, few months ago, the component cables were not working. I left it alone since component connection wasn't important to me at the time. Then weeks later, my tv timer recordings were only recording 41 minutes of the 1 hours show that i had programmed. This happened randomly but began to become more frequent. Somtimes recording only 4 min and 11 sec.

Recently, my tv recordings on to the hdd resulted in audio sync problems.
This also was a random occurence at first then became more increasing as time went on. I had noticed that the sync problems started around the 4 min 11 sec mark. I dont know why this was. The tv picture would glitch, and when it came to play back the file, this glitch point had also marked the start of the audio sync problem.

And last week, I have had trouble turning my LG on. The LG normally loads up for about a minute before the picture comes on, but last week my LG had trouble loading up. It would load and fail, then reload again and fail etc... I had to keep it doing this until it finally turned on properly. This drove me nuts, and i immediately brought it back to futureshop for repair since I had initially purchased a 2 year parts and service coverage.

I've purchased an LG dvd player before and returned it because of the faulty component output. After my experience with this LG dvd Recorder lrh-539, and reading other users problems with their LG devices, I swear never to buy an LG product again.

Dennis

p.s. still waiting response from futureshop.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
seeing as I started this thread over a month ago, and your the only one to respond, I would guess thatthe LG is the only one having sync problems.

The first night of my second unit the audio went out of sync at the 4 hour mark of the first VHS tape I recorded. I reformated the hard drive, and tried again. I had no problems, but after editing about 20 hours of HQ video, the player jammed. I reset it, and it did that loop of checking the hard drive, restarting, repeat. IT did this cycle for about 5 times, and than seemed to work. I burned off all the video, deleted everything, and again initialized the hard drive. That was 3 weeks ago, and I haven't had any issues (audio or HD based) since.

I haven't tried timer recording, as I don't have this machine hooked up to a cable source. When I finally run cable to the room I have it in, I ewll let you know if it works or not.

In the mean time, I would try initializing the hard drive, if you haven't already. So far I'm okay, and the unit is doing what I bought it for (transfering pre-recorded VHS to DVD), so I'm sticking it out until another brand has a unit that is similar in features. This LG is untouched in that regard, weell, at least it would be if it actually worked to spec without errors. :frowning:

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Another thing, a guy in tech service at Future Shop told my friend who used to be a manager in the store, that LG is solving the problems with this unit. If you have a 2 year extended warranty, I would ask for an exchange, as the later models (like my second one) seem to be more reliable (somewhat). There really isn't anything simlir to it on the current market, not accounting for problems of course.

DennisPH

Auditioning
hey thanks Russel....ill take your advice, and just exchange for a newer model. Even though i have so many shows still in my old harddrive. Probably 40 hours worth.:frowning:

D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks