What's new

Audio guru's (1 Viewer)

Dan_At

Auditioning
I just got this amp at a pawn shop and would like to know the specs, THD, Wattage, RMS, Etc, on it. It plays great! I am using it as an amp for the SV sub I have. Can anybody help. Thanks in advance.

Soundcraftsmen Power Amplifier Model A2502 is on the front.

It is a cool looking rack mount amp. It has L.E.D.'s for channel a & b with seperate volume knobs. Above each L.E.D. there is information on 4 ohm and 8 ohm watts and db's. It has two(2) speaker buttons and in the back it can take four(4) speakers, two per channel and has two rca inputs only one for each channel. It also has huge heat sinks on the left and right, which I believe are for the left and right channels. It has no other adjustments like bass, treble, balance, etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also got at this pawn shop a KMD graphic equalizer. There is no other information on this unit like a model number. It is a rack mount unit also and is a 31 slide band graphic equalizer. The bands range from 20-20K..

20/25/31.5/40/50/63/80/100/125/160/200/250/315/400/500/630/800/1K/1.2K/1.6K/2K/2.5K/3.1K/4K/5K/6.3K/8K/10K/12.5K/16K/20K

Each band can slide from -12/+12 and it has a level knob that goes from -12/+12. It has two(2) push buttons that are labeled IN/OUT and LOWCUT. The latter I don't know what its for. It also has four(4) L.E.D.'s that range from -10db to +17db.

It also has Balanced In and Balance Out as well as UnBalanced In and UnBalance out inputs/outputs.

This EQ seems to enhance the soundcraftsmen well.

Please, I need to know the specifications on both of these units so I can better use them.

Thanks for all your Help

Dan

DanaA

Screenwriter
Can't help you out personally, except to say that I haven't heard the name for quite a while. I remember that years ago, they had a really nice reputation. But, I can help you. Follow this link and you'll find discussion of Soundcraftsman power amps. Just go to the amp section and do a search on Soundcraftsman. If you're really curious about the one you got, I feel pretty confident that you'll find out if you post there.
Click here

Dan_At

Auditioning
Anybody else out there know anything about this amp and equalizer. Surely some of you guru's know or heard something about these two??

Thanks again for all your help!

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks