What's new

ATTN: Rob Lloyd and Dustin B!!! (1 Viewer)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rob,
I do know how to take down an entire SONET multiplexor with a single command! T1's and T3's aren't jack compared to those bad boys!
Actually, I'm just responsible for providing routing instructions for the dept. that actually does all the switch translations. I'd hope if I issued a disconnect order they'd check it out before working it.:rolleyes:Yeah, right!
Brian

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm on broadband, so it might be harder to figure which T1 to kill to choke off my i-connection. Or maybe not...
There's a good reason why Link Removed or Link Removed hasn't been snapped up as URLs. :)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Pat,
Well, as long as I know your phone number I can still kill it and everyone else with the same NPA/NXX. Or I could just be thorough and take down all of AT&T or whatever they're calling themselves today.
I hate those GD CLEC's! CLEC AND cable company at that! :)
Brian

Rory Buszka

Supporting Actor
How are the AV5's? Do they look like they would be good for some low bass? I'm still looking around for the ultimate 5" low-priced woofer to build the bass module for my Tangband towers.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rory,
They look pretty good to me except for 1 issue. Since Pat has noticed I'm already in rant mode why stop now, right?! I absolutely hate non-round framed drivers!!!!! Whenever possible I like to flush mount my drivers. It just looks nicer/more professional to me. And since these are not round, it will take a lot more work to flush mount that damn driver! But I'll do it anyway!
Concerning quality 5.25" drivers, I'd check into buying the 5.25" drivers that GR Research sells. They are really good quality and have a surface mount frame so there's no flush mounting to worry about! :)
Brian

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
I'll be posting a picture soon of my LCC that's not finished but getting close. Still needs more paint work. Yes that driver was a pain to flush mount but Brian's just being a whiner.
Actually the Adire 5" is sort of round. I did a round flush mount hole and then traced the corners onto it. It fits perfectly. There are better ways but I can't find some of my tools right now. (either boxed up for moving or buried in the corner behind a pile of cherry).
Brian - When did GA get rid of the tin can and string connections? :)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rob,
I ask the same thing about Alabama! :)
Actually, it might be hard to believe, but Metro Atlanta has one of the most complex telephone networks in the country, if not the world. We have more tandems (higher level switching offices within the heirarchy), with a total of 8, in Metro Atlanta than most entire states. We also have 10 digit dialing, which is unheard of in most regions of the U.S.
Also, throughout most of the 90's Atlanta was in the top 3-4 cities in the country for job opportunites, specifically in tech fields. That explains a lot about the complex phone network.
I bet you folks up North are amazed that we actually have buildings taller than 2-3 stories too! :)
Brian

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....leave it to Brian to start a mature, highly speaker building related thread...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Telephone jargon really impresses me. At our telecom division, we build line analysis/locating and fault-finding equipment, fiber optic cable, connectors and test equipment (like optical time domain reflectometers). Hey, I too can be boring :D

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Hank,
I thought they built everything bigger in TX? What's up with that tiny airport? :)
BTW, old and boring are somewhat synonymous!

Eduardo

Agent
Brian - who do you work for? Atlanta is a major network hot bed. I know AT&T (old business partner) and Qwest (new business partner) have MegaPOPs in Atlanta.

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Keeping on topic:
Here's Rob's Adire LCC in the early painting stages. It still needs to be sanded, another coat of black and then 2-3 clear coats. I will NOT be going this on my 281s.
So Brian - it looks like I'll have mine done next week! How did you say that... oh yeah - NYA NYA NYA NYA NYA! :)
Rob

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rob,
That looks great! Pretty cool! Did you use your spray rig or did you just use cans of gloss lacquer?
Yeah, you'll be done sooner, but mine was still FREE!
Brian

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks. That was actually done w/ my sprayer and some water based semi-gloss black paint made for sprayers. I'll be putting 2-3 coats of high gloss water based acrylic varnish on top. It will look the same as lacquer but won't harm me or the environment and a lot easier to clean up. I think the varnish will be a little more durable as well.
But free and in a box doesn't count! I hope to have my 281s playing nekid next week. That is if Pat doesn't mind me stealing his finishing secrets. :)

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Pat,
How about Paint Fence? Uuuup, Doooown! Uuuup, Doooown! Uuuup...
Then there's always Sand Floor! :)

Rob Lloyd

Stunt Coordinator
OK guys, stop w/ the Karate Kid lines or I'll have to "squish like grape" :)
Pat - you wax nekid? Doesn't that hurt when the leg hairs get ripped out?
Hmmm... shiney MDF? I might try that when I do the clear coats on the LCC. Good thing for scraps!

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Rob,

I seem to remember someone using 45 degree miters on some speaker enclosures and then just applying varnish or something.

Brian

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I can't believe it: This morning I was getting no light from the Cable Modem "Cable" indictator, thus no high speed internet access. So, lesson for the day, don't be messing with Mr. Bunge and piss him off!

I can't believe I'm now on dial-up for the week until either I buy a new Cable Modem, or wait for the ATTBI tech to show up on Thursday with a replacement. Gah! I'm in hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
royalserena
Recent bookmarks