What's new

Attaching seats to concrete (1 Viewer)

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
In my current basement theater I built a floor out of treated 1x1s and plywood. This made it easy to lag bolt the recliners to the floor. There is a good chance that I will be building a new house this year. I was thinking of just carpeting over the concrete, but I need to anchor the seats. With out them anchored, they tend to move while reclining or sitting them back up. Anyone have a good method? We use concrete anchors to keep machines in place at work, but that would seam difficult with the seating.

Dave

brac

Agent
there are a few ways to do it that i can think of, most involve a good 2 part epoxy. Other is to lay a piece of 5/8 or 3/4 plywood right to the concrete, just where the seats will be, held down with liquid nails, then carpet over it. By not putting padding where the plywood is it will appear mostly flat. then you can use good fat, but short screws. But the best option I think would be drill anchors (the kind where nothing sticks up. cant think of the name.... Theb you would just use bolts to hold things down.... and if you change plans in the future you just sweep dust in the holes and go on with life...

Brac

JamesP

Grip
Impact drill with concrete bolts. You might have difficulty getting rid of the tops of the bolts if/when you want to take them out. But they won't move once you put them in.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks