What's new

Atta boy for Atlantic Technology support (1 Viewer)

Mike E W

Agent
Just wanted to give credit to the people at AT. I work in AK and while I was up north my wife had a little mishap with the HT... end result was a blown front/right. She boxed it up and sent it to AT, where it was discovered that I had bought it at an unauthorized dealer. In my own defence this was a brick and morter who said he was an authorized dealer. When I sent in my extended warrenty to AT they did extend it out to the full 5 years and sent back my paperwork, nothing said about the dealer not being authorized. So at any rate I got home a few days ago and my speaker arrived today. Hooked that baby up and went to set the levels where I was confronted with the fact that the front/left was also toast. Sigh... call AT, no problem sending me a new set of drivers, no questions asked. Now the fellow I spoke with (Dan) said that even though I bought from an unauthorized dealer, they had made the mistake of sending me the extended warranty and would back it up. I did point out that if they had told me at the time I could have returned the speakers and he agreed that that was a mistake. Its good to see there are still some honest folks out there that stand behind the products they made and actually exceed expectations in their support of those products. Kudos to AT.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Chip_Slattery

Stunt Coordinator
Mike,

It's good to hear some positive comments about AT as I'm considering the 370THX package for my HT. AT doesn't get much play on this forum and although I've heard good things about them in the past I was starting to re-think my decision.

If you don't mind me asking, what is your setup and have you been generally happy with their performance?

Mike E W

Agent
I have the system 450 powered by a Denon 5800. We have had these for about a year now and are quite pleased with them. I read about ATs not being "musical" but I cant help but wonder if some of the people who have said this have ever listened to the 370s or 450s because I think they sound great and they never fail to impress anyone who listens to them here. I was actually going to buy the 370s but the decorater wanted the piano black finish. HT is great. The larger center (than many comparable systems) has the power to get through those difficult scenes like you find in Pvt Ryan or U571 without strain. Pans from front to back are seamless and natural. On the downside while my sub puts out plenty and Im satisfied with it I think you could get more bass for the same money or the same bass for less if you went with another brand. I stuck with the AT sub to keep the interior decorater from making me sleep on the couch.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Having 3 Atlantic Technology systems in my possession, I have been a big fan of theirs for over 8 years. I've had minor problems along the way, like losing the metal rod for the speaker stands, torn grill, etc. AT support has been nothing short of exemplary in handling the problem promptly and in a friendly manner. When I opened my own business last year, the first account I sought out was Atlantic Technology, and they are easily my best selling system.

Dennis Oblow

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dennis
I also have had noyhing but good experience with AT. My first system was a 250 series which "trickled down" to my son when I upgraded to the 450's. Great speakers and great people, I highly recommend them.

Chuck Kent

Supporting Actor
The best THX sound I've ever heard was an AT setup a couple of years or so ago.

I find AT speakers to be smooth and "warmish" sounding. All of the detail is there, but not in your face the way many other speakers are. I like the AT sound so well that I use the 273 center model in both of my setups. (My mains aren't AT but someday they may be...)

Just really nice speakers!

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
I've had a full set of Atlantic 350s for over four years and I love them. I did the research when I bought them, and the reviews were almost unanimous in saying they were good for music (they previously thought the specifications for THX made it impossible) and they sounded as good as THX speakers costing $5000+. The 350s offered the most bang for the buck in THX speaker systems when I bought them over four years ago, and today they are much cheaper so they have even more bang for the buck. I read that the 350s have finally been discontinued, indeed they are on clearance at onecall.com so get 'em while they last.

Chip_Slattery

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for all the responses to my follow-up questions. I'm feeling much better now about my decision to go with the 370THX system.

I had also heard that the AT subs were the "weak link" in the system. As I'm not hung up on THX certification I plan to skip the AT sub and go with dual SVS 16-46CS+ subs. I am in the process of building my HT and it will be a fairly large room. (17'x23'x9' - approx. 3500 cu./ft) I want to be able to reach reference levels when necessary without putting undo stress on the subs. I think the SVS's will handle this quite well.

Thanks again for the help you've all been.

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Chip-

I think that is a "sound" decision. It is not that I think AT subs are weak at all. As a matter of fact, I still think they are solid performers. At their price points, however, I found better choices. I have heard an SV sub that I really liked (model # eludes me), and I also have a couple of Earthquake 15" subs that I chose for their size and performance.

I am not sure where you are getting your 370 system from, but remember that AT sells their systems at a slightly higher cost when they are broken up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks