What's new

ATi and Paramount DVDs, not good bedfellows. (1 Viewer)

Mark Kalzer

Second Unit
Here's a problem I've just noticed. I can't play Paramount DVDs on my PC correctly. At first I thought it was a problem just with newer discs. I popped in Star Trek, The Motion Picture, and the video came out non vertically compressed. i.e., the 16x9 picture was filling the 4x3 screen, instead of being formatted to 16x9. Forrest Gump had the same issue. I thought this was just newer DVDs, but I just checked Braveheart and Star Trek: First Contact, and they all suffer the same problem. It's not a problem with DVDs from other companies, just Paramount's. And I didn't have this problem with the older ATi Rage Fury video card. Just my new RADEON 7200. Using different DVD software isn't helping. So, please, HELP!

AndyVX

Supporting Actor
Wow, that is a strange problem. One that I've never heard of before either.

I'm sorry that I can't be of any help here, but about the only thing that I can suggest is to contact ATi's tech support and see what they have to say about it.

Maybe someone else here with more experience with PC DVD playback will be able to chime in on this.

Hugh M

Second Unit
the only thing thats happening is that the Aspect ratio isn't being properly detected or there is a setting in your software that you are missing.
try zoomplayer. you can find the latest beta release at http://forum.inmatrix.com ...The betas are very stable, I think right now, there is actually a final version that is the latest release. (2.4)
its a free replacement for the front-end of any media player. Don't let the free fool you, it blows away any of the DVD programs you can get from the web.
if you are using a player like the ATI 5.0 player then you can just install zoom and run it. aside from that, there are plenty of advanced features available. And it is pretty easy to adjust the aspect ratio being applied to the DVD.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks