What's new

Athena Technology Owner Satisfaction Query (1 Viewer)

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
Hey!

I just bought the AS-C1 center channel. i like it. i' getting interested in the rest of the audition series. if you own some athena tech speakers could share your impressions of them with me? thanks.

Larry B

Screenwriter
Dale:
Keep in mind that you are going to hear from people who bought AT speakers, and who thus like them. If you're looking for validation, you'll come away happy. On the other hand, if you're interested in determining whether you will like these speakers, then you must audition them.
Larry

DaleR

Stunt Coordinator
Larry
do you mean to imply that *gasp* people can be less than objective about their HTs? shame on you!;)

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
I'm bumping this thread on your behalf...

I'm interested in those too... I'd buy a pair of AS-B2s for the front, a pair of AS-B1s for the rears and a AS-C1 for the center...

I wanted to listen to them, but at Future Shop, the salesman told me that by the time I can buy them (3-4 months - which when I plan to upgrade) they will change so it's pointless to listen to them now.

Does anyone know what they are planning to change? Will the new version be similar (In size and price, Size is a factor for me - Must be Bookshelfs on Stands!)

Steve_F_Hoax

Auditioning
Hoy Hoy!.. Yeah i am a newbie...

My Dad and I are wanting to get into ht right, so anyways.. we did not know where to start. Then i went with my friend Nick and Henry to check out some speaks.. Henry Loved the The audiotion series i think the bs 1.. I liked em alot 2.. Nick was with his paradigns.. which costed 68 dollars more.. . I dunno but i found the paradigns more than adequate, and the performance to price was incredible.. Really good bunch.. Anyways in a week or so my dad and i are purchasing a Yamaha Ht R ???? I forgot the model but it cost 479 Canadian. And then we are MOST likely buying 4 of the bs-1 whatever auditions and a center... our listening area is pretty small, so this should be more than adequate... Just need to save up for a crazy deep tight base sub... Then we will be set.. Overall i love the Ahtenas.

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
I found the athena at future shop very bad. Pretty good for HT however. Music was bad. Form a chain store, you may be better off buying the polks.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
khuranatech
Recent bookmarks