What's new

Are you ready to rumble...?!?! A/V Receiver input needed. (1 Viewer)

Joseph Andrew

Auditioning
Okay, pick your favorite as I am ready to buy one of these babies and need some help as they are all simular in features.

- Yamaha RXV-2400 $999 7.1 110 Watts per channel. DD/DTS

- Pioneer VSX-2012 $799 7.1 100 Watts per channel. DD/DTS

- Denon AVP-2805 $899 7.1 100 Watts per channel. DD/DTS

- Onkyo TX NR-801 $999 7.1 100 Watts per channel. DD/DTS

Which one would you choose and why? Please help!!!

Joseph Andrew

Auditioning
Okay, pick your favorite as I am ready to buy one of these babies and need some help as they are all simular in features.

- Yamaha RXV-2400 $999 7.1 110 Watts per channel. DD/DTS

- Pioneer VSX-2012 $799 7.1 100 Watts per channel. DD/DTS

- Denon AVP-2805 $899 7.1 100 Watts per channel. DD/DTS

- Onkyo TX NR-801 $999 7.1 100 Watts per channel. DD/DTS

Which one would you choose and why? Please help!!!

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Flip a coin 3 times. The last flip will give you your new receiver.:D Really, all of these receivers will serve you well and will probably sound similar at low to moderate listening levels.

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
Flip a coin 3 times. The last flip will give you your new receiver.:D Really, all of these receivers will serve you well and will probably sound similar at low to moderate listening levels.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
We don't need 2 threads about the same thing.

But I'll say what I said in the other one:

Best is subjective. It depends what you're looking for, and what speakers you're looking to drive. One man's holy grail is another man's toilet.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
We don't need 2 threads about the same thing.

But I'll say what I said in the other one:

Best is subjective. It depends what you're looking for, and what speakers you're looking to drive. One man's holy grail is another man's toilet.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Actually flip a coin - heads Yamaha 2400 tails denon 2805 - both will get the job done, both have a auto setup, and are very tweakable if you take your time with them.
Did you look at both of them ...have you listened to either of them.
I prefer the look of the Denon and it is still on my list to test out as I can't get a 2400 to test out or a 5790. I have a 5760 though that I am testing and for the price it is a nice piece of equipment.

ChadLB

Screenwriter
Actually flip a coin - heads Yamaha 2400 tails denon 2805 - both will get the job done, both have a auto setup, and are very tweakable if you take your time with them.
Did you look at both of them ...have you listened to either of them.
I prefer the look of the Denon and it is still on my list to test out as I can't get a 2400 to test out or a 5790. I have a 5760 though that I am testing and for the price it is a nice piece of equipment.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Yamaha RXV-1400 $799, 100 wpc. Except for a measly 10wpc this is the same as the 2400.

I think the Pioneer you list is a near clone of the Elite VSX-45TX which I've owned. I like my RXV-1400 better--auto calibration is more versatile and is parametric rather than graphic, sound is a bit more defined and there seems to be a bit more headroom as far as amplification is concerned. The Pioneer has easier to learn user interface and a nicer remote. Yammie has video conversion--can output incoming composite and S-video signals via component outs-Pioneer doesn't. Yamaha also has variable audio delay in case you have a dlp set like the Samsung that suffers audio synch issues, Pioneer doesn't. Pioneer is better looking.

I've no experience with the other 2 you mention, but would not go with a receiver that does not have the auto-calibration feature including some kind of eq. Having owned 2 with this feature there's no going back.

Steve Schaffer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Schaffer
Yamaha RXV-1400 $799, 100 wpc. Except for a measly 10wpc this is the same as the 2400.

I think the Pioneer you list is a near clone of the Elite VSX-45TX which I've owned. I like my RXV-1400 better--auto calibration is more versatile and is parametric rather than graphic, sound is a bit more defined and there seems to be a bit more headroom as far as amplification is concerned. The Pioneer has easier to learn user interface and a nicer remote. Yammie has video conversion--can output incoming composite and S-video signals via component outs-Pioneer doesn't. Yamaha also has variable audio delay in case you have a dlp set like the Samsung that suffers audio synch issues, Pioneer doesn't. Pioneer is better looking.

I've no experience with the other 2 you mention, but would not go with a receiver that does not have the auto-calibration feature including some kind of eq. Having owned 2 with this feature there's no going back.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks