What's new

Are you here on company time? (1 Viewer)

Mike Huay

Stunt Coordinator
I have a family member whose company

has some kind of keystroke record software?

So how common is that these days?

Bill_D

Supporting Actor
Most definitely on company time. They pay me for 40 hrs and I work 45-50+ for a salary. So I take a few every now and then to indulge my interests on the web within ethical and legal grounds surrounding conduct at work. (i.e. no falcon STUDios websites or the like) They know it and they don't mind. :emoji_thumbsup:

MikeSerrano

Second Unit
Interesting. I would really like to hear how that happened. I suspect it was a DNS workaround. Can you provide me with some details? I would appreciate it!
The first and easiest workaround was to use babelfish.altavista.com to "translate" the page from Spanish to English. However, images were still being blocked. To get around that, they started using anonymizer services (such as anonymizer.com). These sites were also eventually blocked, so they started using external proxy servers (go to Link Removed for a sample list of open proxies). Then there are CGI proxies. They are easy to install on any Apache-based web server and work much like the anonymizer services but they are harder to keep track of (they can reside *anywhere*) and therefore harder to block.
To get around WebSense, basically all you have to do is conceal the real source address by routing it through an external, unblocked address.
We are testing a new filter from 8e6 Technologies that seems to have solved the proxy-workaround. See http://www.8e6technologies.com/produ...000/index.html for more info.
-Mike

Thomas Reagan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Thomas
Guilty....
But I look at it this way: if my co-workers can take 4-5 15minute cigarette breaks a day, I can take a few breaks, too, and check out HTF and ESPN.com from time to time. :)
Thos.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks