What's new

Are you a game collector or do you sell finished games? (1 Viewer)

Ricky Hustle

Supporting Actor
Wow, looks like I am in the minority here. I buy 'em, play 'em, beat 'em (or bore of them) and trade them in for something else. I never have more than a half dozen titles on hand for my Xbox, and for my PC never more than 2 or 3.
I tire of things quickly, and am always looking for the next cool game to come out. If I trade in what I have I save money, it's that simple. If I were a rich man, maybe I would keep everything, but alas, I am not. :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I take it on a game-by-game basis. I've kept my N64, because the Zelda games for it are fantastic. Kept MarioKart too, although with MonkeyBall on the 'Cube, it never gets played. However, I just traded in a few PSX games to help towards the cost of a PS2. I kept my favorites (mostly the FF series), and traded in stuff I knew I wouldn't play again.

I do prefer buying games used. I generally have enough of a backlog of games to play that I'm not often compelled to buy a game on release day. Then I keep my eyes open for it used. I'm happy if I spend $35 on a used $50 game.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I really regret selling my NES and all our games for it: Dragon Warrior, Chip and Dale, Mario one and three, Roger Rabbit and a couple others, most of which I had all the packaging for as well (including the NES). Needless to say the guy at the used game store was ecstatic to get all that. :p
So I've kept ahold of our SNES (am still pissed at myself for selling Mario All Stars), and have recently been buying old SNES and 64 games just in the past two months I've found the original mario kart (18$) and Chrono Trigger (25$) at the same store that has MArio RPG, Yoshis Island, Mega Man X among many other Super Games I'd love to have :p.
So you could say I'm a collector almost, but I only buy games I adore to death and rented a thousand times b/c my parents wouldn't pay such a huge price for what was 'just a game' (ironically they probaby payed 70-100$ for Chrono Trigger considering how many times I rented it). So these are really for a library, they are things that I'm going to play, since getting Chrono Trigger and Mario Kart I've played my super more than any other system (am really glad I have the nintendo party s-video cable, super looks outstanding with it! as does 64 and GC), which has led to my pulling out Mario World and playing it as well. :)
definitly library, I'll never sell any more of the games I now have, but I'm extremely selective in games I'll buy.
Adam

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I missed out on a lot of classic games and the only ones I REALLY wanted were the Megaman X games. A few years ago I ended up getting all 3 SNES MMX games, and now I'm only missing MMX6.

A friend of mine has a lot of really good SNES games (like Mario Kart, Tetris Attack, and Yoshi's Island) so I can always ask her if I can borrow those games if I want them that bad.

Aaron Copeland

Second Unit
Real Name
Aaron
I used to be a collector. I used to have large stacks of empty game boxes w/ manuals in my closet. Then I eventually decided that wasn't worth the trouble so I stopped keeping boxes. Then eventually I stopped worrying about keep the games too.
I RARELY go back and play a game I've completed before. I generally find the newer games more interesting anyway. There are a few exceptions, but usually not enough to warrant the clutter of having dead systems stacked in my entertainment center or closet. Hell, if it's a Nintendo classic you can count of them re-hashing the game later anyway :) Actually, I tend to give away games after a system dies. I think I still have a couple N64 games and the system itself if anyone wants them. I gave most my games away to a mailing list I'm on. It seems like I offered some here too, but no one took any...but I may be thinking of another list.
Aaron

Calvin Watts III

Supporting Actor
I usually don't get rid of them. I do my best to get something that I'll revisit someday.
That's what I try to do,anyways :D
Calvin

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
I rarely finish games anymore.

I traded in Karate Kid for NES for more than I paid for it and have never regretted it.

Oscar_R

Second Unit
what i detest is finishing a game or not finishing , and telling myself "i'll come back to this one".
YOU NEVER DO!??!

Andre F

Screenwriter
I make a habit for finishing old games after a while. The problem is that I have too many to go back to. Believe it or not I still have MGS2 in the box that I have not even played.
-Andre F

Leo

Second Unit
Well I'm a gaming junkie and have a strong passion for old vertical shooters - long live Striker series and Radiant Silvergun. I tend to own quite a few titles that have become very rare. I've amassed a large collection of hardware and software. I love pulling out a classic game and playing thru it when I'm bored with the current gen of titles. I also buy imports of titles that never made it to the US but are worth owning for me.

Joseph Young

Screenwriter
I love pulling out a classic game and playing thru it when I'm bored with the current gen of titles.
Hear hear! :emoji_thumbsup: Happens to me all the time. It's nice to have a large collection, because there is always a game in rotation that hasn't been played in a while that you can revisit when the other games becoming frustrating, boring or monotonous.
There's nothing more relaxing than putting in in a nice, calming game of Dragon Warrior or Maze Madness when the pressures of GTA3 and MOH get to be too much.
Joseph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks