What's new

Are Yamaha Receivers getting any better?? (1 Viewer)

Mike Up

Supporting Actor
I've had a Yamaha RX-V2095, RX-V995, and RX-V2300 and all got compressed and harsh in the treble at higher outputs. In comparison my Denon AVR-3803 and AVR-2312ci were just as smooth and detailed in the treble at higher outputs as with lower outputs. After hearing the differences in an A/B comparison as well as my family members hearing the same, I haven't even looked at another Yamaha Receiver. Just curious, over the years, if the new Yamaha receivers sound any better in the treble at higher outputs.

kalm_traveler

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jake
Hard to say as i haven't had any of those. In recent years the only AVRs I've owned are Yamaha RX-A1030, RX-A3080 and a Marantz SR5010.

I have better than average hearing so I don't crank anything up super loud but all 3 of these sound great on both sets of speakers (HT is 5x Yamaha NS-777 towers, 4x Yamaha NS-IC800 ceiling, 2x Yamaha NS-333 bookshelves with two HSU VTF-15h mk2 subs)(PC is 4x SVS Ultra bookshelf, SVS Ultra center, SVS SB3000 sub).

No harshness or loss of clarity at anything I would consider a comfortable volume level.

To clarify, the HT had both Yamaha AVRs, the Marantz is for my PC.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks