What's new

Are there price guides for used hometheater components? (1 Viewer)

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
I have a Kenwood KR-V7030 reciever, DP-R4440 5CD changer, KX-W6050 dual tape deck, 2x LSK-904 and 2x LSK-028 speakers. I want to find out what a fair price would be for them. I would either sell each part seperate or whole if one person wanted all of it.

Hopefully its ok I ask this here.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
You can sign up for www.audiogon.com and use the blue book. Accounts are free, but I believe you have to pay to use the blue book.

You can also just check for listings of those items on Audiogon and eBay yourself to get an idea of what they are selling for currently.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Yeah.. I usually just go over to ebay, to find out what things sell for.

JasonLa

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jason
No luck on the audiogon site. You have to pay to use the bluebook. I guess I'll try ebay. I just hope there is a decent amount of ended auctions to get a good idea of price. Sometimes when I search there I only get like 1 or 2 items and for me thats not always the best because they might not always have gotten good exposure and may not reflect what they could have sold for. :)

Any other good sites. Or maybe price guide magazines or something I can browse at a magazine stand or something?

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Doesn't matter what they could have sold for. Most people will offer what they are actually selling for. You can ask whatever price you want; that doesn't mean you'll get it. Even the bluebook value is only a guideline, current market price may vary, depending on how many are available and how much demand there is for the particular item.

The only thing about Audiogon classifieds is, you really only see the asking price, you don't always see the final price. I usually negotiate with the seller and get better than asking price.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks