What's new

Are there any stores in Chicago that carry non-R1 discs? (1 Viewer)

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
I live in the Chicago area and am looking for any stores that may carry DVDs from other regions. My main interest is in classic movies, horror and music (concert or videos). Any suggestions?

Brian F

Agent
I am also interested in responses to this question. There are three that I know of. The prices are pretty high at all three, but they are cool to check out!

1) QED Laser, 502 E. Ogden, Westmont
They have a reasonable selection of alternate region discs, and tons of region 1 discs. From what I understand, they were a former laserdisc megastore.

2) Decade DVD, 4612 N. Lincoln Ave, Chicago/Lincoln Square
A store that specializes in cult films. I think the store is new because their inventory is pretty low. The place has potential.

3) Mitsuwa Marketplace, 100 E. Algonquin, Arlington Heights
A Japanese grocery store/market that has some alternate region anime DVDs.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Brian! QED sounds pretty good, I'll start there first. As a former LD buyer, I have no problem spending big bucks to get the stuff I want.

Brian F

Agent
QED is definately the best of the three. They had some region-1 out of print stuff that I was surprised to see. I think you'll enjoy your visit! The prices are basically retail price, the same as what you would find at Suncoast/similar stores. Definately not at the level of laserdisc prices!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks