What's new

Are there any DVD-A/SACD carousels players yet? (1 Viewer)

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
Would like to buy a "carousel" (5-disc unit) that plays both DVD-A and SACD. Does this exist?

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
I am sure as soon as Panasonic has a low priced DVD-A/SACD combo they will have a 5 disk model too. If Pioneer does not beat them to it.

My last 2 have been changers, and I don't know why. While I like the convenience, I rarely use it that way.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike, no universal carousel changers have been put on the market yet; they are all single-disc players. Dale alluded to Pioneer, and I could see Pioneer doing it first. Panasonic (parent company: Matsushita) looks to be firmly committed to DVD-Audio, so I don't expect a universal player of any kind from them any time soon.

Mike Sloan

Second Unit
I thought I remember seeing (in either S&V or SGHT) that Kenwood came out with a "mega-changer" that played both formats....?

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
I agree that Pioneer will probably be first to the shelves with a 'universal' carousel. Hopefully, we'll have other options from manufacturers--like Denon and Onkyo--that have single-disc 'universal' models. :D

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Mike and Angelo, Kenwood released the DV-5900M 403-disc DVD-Audio changer a couple of years ago as part of its Sovereign line. I don't know if it is still in production, but that is the only hi-rez megachanger they have made. Around the same time, Kenwood released the DV-5700 carousel DVD-Audio changer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks