What's new

Are there any Direct TV Tech guys our there? (1 Viewer)

David McGough

Second Unit
I had Dish Network but lost my local feeds. I went to Direct TV.
I got it last week. I need some help with my remotes. Here is my problem I copied from another page I put it on.....
I have just joined Direct TV. I had been a
Dish Network guy for the last 10 years..
I lost my local channels. They were from NY
but I had them anyway. I'm in Tennessee

I get my dish and 2- D11 receiver. With Dish Network I had spicers from one receiver to my Theater room and computer room. The D11 hooked up fine and I split the other 2 TVs from the living room. I got all TV's working off of the receivers.

With Dish Network I had a remotes I could
use the remote in any room. Which is what I have to have. I was told by Direct TV customer service I could order RF remotes with antennas to do this.
I did order 2 remotes and paid $35 for each one.
They came, I call to set up. I call tech service to set them up.. NOW I'm told that the RF remote cannot work with the D11 receivers. Now I was told it would work before I ordered them..

This tech told me the RF remotes only works with H20 HD receivers. Fine I tell the tech person why I want it. He said yes you have to have the HD receivers.. Fine I ORDER 2 I get one free and have to pay for the other..

I get them and guess what? I call to set up with this real nice lady. Well guess WHAT?

I cannot splice to a splitter for my other 2 TV's. I told the person when I ordered what I was doing. They said fine..

I cannot believe I cannot use a RF with my D11..I'm not a happy camper.

I get a call from DISH NETWORK. I can now get local feeds.. Out of NY which I don't like
but it is worth it for me to have RF remotes to change channels when watching these sets..

One last plea before I go back to Dish Network
Can i use a RF remote to change channels from my D11 receivers
from other rooms??

Dave
raveATusit.net
replace the AT with @

David McGough

Second Unit
I went to the site Dish gave me. I was then told I could not have them. I got a card last week in the mail saying I could now get them.. With direct I do get locals from Memphis, I can now see all the shooting, rapes, killings
on the news at 5.. Wife wants Memphis for the Local weather.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
The way it works is you say you have moved to that market. check out that site. There is a ton of info on there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks