What's new

Are Rotel Pre/Pro's any good? (1 Viewer)

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Jim,

I got an email from AT back in January that said April as well, so at lest that hasn't changed. I don't know what the AT amp is a clone of though. I'm starting to see features of the 950/AT/Sherbourn that could be show stoppers for me. I just got so use to them with my receiver. Check out the "oop 950..." thread. I hope the one controls are adjustable in DD/DTS. I know I'm harping on this one, but hey no one will answer it.

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, I saw those posts. I've been posting in some 950 threads and lurking in others.
I don't know how I feel about 'remembering the separate levels' issue. My current Yamaha doesn't allow me to do it so I don't know what it's like to have it any other way. I will say that separate level storage is one of the reasons I considered Denon. I don't know if it will be enough for me to pass on the Outlaw/AT. Those comments about the 950 being close sonically to the MC-12 really has me intrigued. So much so that if cost becomes an issue I might live with that stupid cowboy logo. :)

Legairre

Supporting Actor
Larry,
I'm pretty lucky. Many of the dealers around here have 30 return policies(full refund none of that store credit only stuff). I'm already starting to question the Outlaw/AT/Sherbourn. Several of the basic features that I really like in my $1000 Denon 3300(that I picked up new for $690 3 years ago) are missing in the 950. If the Rotel tanks out next, then I guess I have to look at the AVM20 and spend a lot more. :frowning:

W

Will

since my local dealer also reads this forum, and I'm using most of my real name, I don't want to hurt the possible relationship with my comments being too easy to trace. Lets just say I'm somewhere in Hazzard County
LarryB,
Don't worry, your secret's safe
smiley_rules.gif
Your local dealer will never know you sometimes buy stuff elsewhere.
smiley_gun_flack2.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks