What's new

Are any of these Region 2 DVD's 16:9? (1 Viewer)

HankM

Second Unit
True Lies
Broken Arrow
Top Gun
The Hunt For Red October
Armageddon 2 Disc Special Edition

I read somewhere that these were but can anyone confirm this.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mark_vdH

Screenwriter
Be sure to get the UK version of Armageddon: Other European versions contain the theatrical cut instead of the Director's cut, and don't have the audio commentaries. (the R4 Australian version is the same as the UK BTW)
For R2-R1 comparisons, you better check Link Removed.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Anyone know whether the R2 (UK) version of Sirens is 16:9? None of the above links list it.

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I have UK Sirens and it is anamorphic as with all recent Disney releases in the UK.

Steer clear of True Lies in the UK as it is heavily cut for censorship (too much violence). If you can't wait under the rumoured 5 Star US release then Australia is the best version currently available, anamorphic and uncut.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Thanks for the help guys.

Theo, that site also lists Sirens as anamorphic in R1, which it is definitely NOT, it is the LD master rehashed. Looks like I have another PAL disc to add to the wish list.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gemini007
Recent bookmarks