What's new

Apprentice Season 3 ongoing thread (1 Viewer)

Shane Martin

Senior HTF Member
Michael just made it easier on the Donald in his choice. If I had to guess, he was atleast 50/50 on whom he was going to fire(the girl or Michael) and Michael just shot himself in the foot. I don't think Bren was in any danger.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
And here we go again with the obvious Donald voiceovers. They are so obvious. Is he dubbing them on while traveling in his helicopter or what? You'd think the producers-editors could tweak the sound a bit to make it less obvious. The Donald obviously voiced over the part about "you're not like me. I work hard..." Michael did show some promise in the first couple of episodes, but quickly sunk to the bottom after that. I'm almost surprised Danny beat him out the door.

MarkMel

Senior HTF Member
I picture him sitting there with two VCRs and a radioshack mic watching the show. He gets to a part he doesn't like and records new vocals. That's the way it sounded to me, he was watching the show and Michael was saying how he was like trump. Trump goes and gets all Po'd while he's watching and the say's "you're nothing like me".

LOL he sounded pissed after seeing the footage.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, the dubbed voice over replacements are really starting to annoy me in this "reality" show. There was also a part in the beginning on the street where his voice was dubbed in. Forgot what he was saying, it was just so obvious that it pulls you out of the moment.

Ric

Stacy Huff

Second Unit
Did Michael actually invite Trump to Boston and tell him, "I have a big parking lot."

I think when that guy watches the show he'll have to be embarrassed. Please Mr. Trump, if you are in Boston, call me, please, please, pretty please, say you will.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
"yeah, she's a really good casting director" "She did Sex and The City, and now she's doing a movie with Uma Therma""

Is that like the unknown Swayze brother:)

Brent

LanieParker

Supporting Actor

My guess was that he was interested in selling it to Trump, because Trump is into real estate. Who knows.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave

How is it that The Amazing Race which films all over the world manages voiceovers that sound like the rest of the show? The voiceovers on this show are so bad they actually detract from the show as you mention. Isn't there anyone looking at these things before they air? I think they are actually getting worse this year.

Mark Maltais

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
Both those murals SUCKED!!! And why Harlem??? Has to be a better area to advertise a 80 dollar game! Trump must have got the walls for painting for 2 bucks apiece!!!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Agreed. Very lackluster. I'll watch this season until the end to see how it pans out but unless there are some major changes I won't be back for another season. I've got better things to do with my time.

As stated, this whole concept has gotten very old very quickly. The current tasks and competitors pale in comparison to the first year.

This show has quickly evolved into a case study in not knowing when to quit when you're ahead.

And The Donald's droning is putting me to sleep.

Jacinto

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacinto
What's bothering me the most about this season, and it started last season too, is that due to the success of the first season, there is now corporate sponsorship involved. As a result, almost all of the tasks now revolve around marketing, which is an extremely specialized field -- there's a reason successful companies have their own marketing departments with presidents, vp's, creative directors, etc. The reason is that your average CEO/businessman doesn't know shit about marketing and creativity. That's why they hire people who have expertise in the field to help the company. As a result, potentially very solid business people and leaders are being fired off the show because thay are failing in marketing tasks. What a surprise! I would bet anything that if Donald or George or Caroline had to actually participate in most of these tasks, their ideas would stink it up as bad as the competitors. A good leader could just as easily organize his team well, inspire hard work, and create a "technically" sound project in terms of execution, but still lose because the judges didn't like the creative direction his team went with. How does that make him a bad leader, or unqualified to be a CEO? These people are lawyers, MBA's, real estate agents, franchise owners -- not advertising executives, graphic designers, creative directors, or artists. So give them some tasks that are actually representative of what they may be doing within Trump's organization!

Mike Slade

Second Unit
What was with that rap song they had when Trump was pulling up in the limo? I assume they came up with that for the show but with some of the things I hear in rap music these days I wondered if it was a real song. Either way that was just ridiculous.

Alf S

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alfer
..and was it just me or did anyone else notice The Donald was sportin' a new dye job on that combover of his??

John_Bonner

Supporting Actor
I found it funny that the conference room at "Sony" Playstation headquarters had a nice new Samsung DLP in it. Why no Sony LCD?

Guy Martin

Second Unit
John -

I doubt those were the real Playstation offices (the fact that it wasn't in the Sony tower is a pretty good giveaway). They probably set up a special office just for the show to avoid revealing trade secrets or games in development. Sorta like how last season Mars set up a special candy factory for the MAmazing bar task so as not to reveal any trade secrets on camera.

I think Jacinto really hit the nail on the head re:Corporate sponsorship. In the first season the show was an unknown quality so the tasks were more diverse and inventive. Now that the show is popular so many companies want their products on the show that all the tasks revolve around some product placement.

- Guy

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member

Thing to keep in mind:

Not every show requires ADR dialog replacement. I have only caught a few eps of Amazing Race and never saw a single dubbed line from Phil, good or bad.

Some shows are hosted by professional actors who are available to loop dialog, some are hosted by businessmen who might not be as readily available after the scheduled filming has concluded to loop dialog. Some productions simply deal with different strengths and limitations.

I imagine that the people involved with any show are well aware of the kinds issues you guys have mentioned here-- and given the constraints of each production, I would assume that this is as good as it can get. In my personal experience, no one does a bad job on purpose-- a ton of work and time goes into shows like this-- if there are less than stellar results, it's very incorrect to assume that the audio mixer "didn't notice."

Just my 2 cents.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
That was probably the worst episode of The Apprentice I've ever seen. No, scratch that, it WAS the worst episode of the show without a doubt. I thought the 2nd season was a major drop-off from the original, but this one could actually turn out to be worse. All the shameless corporate tie-ins have made for some really boring tasks and I don't think the show has any legs beyond this season(even though you know it will continue on because Trump will never admit the show has lost its popularity). Sorry Donald, your show just isn't HUGE anymore. :thumbsdown:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks