What's new

Anyone using a Denon DCM-460 CD player?? (1 Viewer)

Michael D

Stunt Coordinator
I am pretty sure this is discontinued but might be able to pick one up for a good price. Comments?? I will only be using it for a transport. Thanks.
------------------

Dave Morton

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
Michael,
I just picked up the Denon DCM-370. It has a coaxial digital out that I believe you can use to connect to you preamp or external DAC if you are using it as a transport. Also the price on the DCM-370 was about $150 less than the DCM-460. The DCM-460 had some more programming options that I didn't think necessary for me. I like to put the cd in the player and push "play". I'm a simple guy.
If you are thinking of a cd burner, the CDR-1000 is being discontinued. I saw it at a local store on sale for $399. I also believe you can use this unit as a transport.
Hope this helps.
------------------
------ Dave ------
------------------
Link Removed

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, I too own the Denon DCM-370, and for $250-300 USD (I paid $250 from an authorized brick and mortar dealer), it is an excellent changer. It offers HDCD decoding when using the analog outputs, which the DCM-460 does not. Some people swear by HDCD, but in my opinion, it doesn't improve the sound of CDs. Your mileage may vary though, so you might find it useful to use the analog outputs for HDCD discs. The '370 has a quality Burr-Brown DAC. Anyway, I haven't compared the '370 to the '460, but you ought to take a look at the '370 along the way.
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks