What's new

Anyone use a postal service tracer before? (1 Viewer)

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
An audiogon transaction of mine went bad a couple of weeks ago, when the seller of an amp said he noticed damaged binding posts, after he had already received the cashier's check I sent him (despite the fact he told me it was boxed and ready to go before I even sent the check). So he said he was sending my money back.

It's been 10 days since the seller claimed he sent me my money by USPS priority mail. Despite the winter storm and federal holiday last week, the USPS says that package should no doubt be here. Well, I haven't seen it. He did not send it with a delivery confirmation, signature required, etc.

I was told to ask him to put a tracer on the mail he sent so the postal service could track down the package. Given the reputation of the postal service, and the shady nature of the transaction, I don't have a good feeling here. Anyone care to offer me some encouraging words?

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
FOXstore put a tracer out on my Alien Legacy set after it went missing in transit... got my money back a few weeks later. :)

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Sounds like this guy lied about sending the money back. Being a cashier's check, is there anything you can do through the bank to stop payment on it in case he tries to cash it?

Chris

Robert_Z

Screenwriter
Sounds like this guy lied about sending the money back. Being a cashier's check, is there anything you can do through the bank to stop payment on it in case he tries to cash it?
Nope, the bank said the cashier's check was as good as cash and could not be stopped. The check was cashed last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks