What's new
World Wide Stereo

anyone try HK's MP3 Decoding Ability? (1 Viewer)

AndrewRose

Auditioning
Has anyone tried HK's MP3 decoding ability? How is the sound quality. Is it better then connecting your computer to reciever using RCA cables?

Also, can the reciever play the music too all speakers and not just the front 2? Is that what their logic 7 thing is for?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.
My AVR120 has this feature, but I never used it. I actually called H/K about this a year and a half ago when I got my 120 and the rep downplayed the usefulness of the feature. I never did understand what they were talking about. The manual states that you must hook the digital input to the PCM output of your computer/mp3 device. I thought it would be a great way to get a pure signal to the receiver, but I had no idea how to output raw mp3 encoded data, since players like WinAmp decode the mp3 and then pass it along as PCM wav to your soundcard.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member

Logic 7 is a whole different animal. I think the SMR forums have a lexicon forum, or that's where all the lexicon people hang out. That's where you'll find the best logic 7 info. Basically it's a matrixed surround sound format, but is very advanced. IT also does crazy stuff, like take DD 5.1 and re-encode it on the fly into stereo L7, which is then decoded again (from my understanding), into a full 7.1 setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks