What's new

Anyone tried glass chair mats? Vitrazza? (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I recently heard an ad on Sirius XM for a glass chair mat maker and am investigating them now. Use will be office chairs over carpet in my office. I have a vinyl matt in there now that has started to shred. The maker claims 1000pound weight limit so I’d hope theirs will last longer than the 5years I got out of this one. Not saying the ad company just yet but will confirm later.

Anyone have one? How well does it work? Does it get all scuffed up?

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Don’t know anything about them. Looks interesting. Plastic mats, as said, die too soon and prone to curling. But you’re going to have even more of an edge to roll off of if you move your chair too far.

The best upgrade is to use a hard flooring for your office. But that’s definitely a pain and much more expensive than even a $400 mat.

John Dirk

Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
JOHN
I found an old piece of press board from a construction site years ago and it worked wonderfully in this role for a long time. When we moved it got discarded and I now wish I had it back. DaveF is right. Wood of any sort beats all of the alternatives.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Yeah, I'd have to have something, wood or glass floating over the floor. There is no way I am tearing up the nice carpet in here. If I was to design my home again tho I would definitely put hardwood in the office bumpout off my master bedroom.

New desk
by Sam Posten III, on Flickr

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
So I finally got my Vitrazza 48x42 floor mat. It was partly a Christmas gift from my parents waiting for me to have spare cash to pay the rest of the way, and I waited since then to get it. I wish I hadn't. It is FANTASTIC. I slide on this thing like a happy hockey puck. No idea how well it will hold up long term but even if it gets riddled with scratches I bet it handles better and longer than a plastic pad. Thumbs up.

JQuintana

BANNED
Real Name
Me
I also hate the plastic ones but wow, $665+ for a chair mat is out of my league.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Not sure why JQ thought it was that expensive, it was under $250 shipped. And it's worth every penny. Months later still not a scratch on it, used every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks