What's new

Anyone still have/use an Outlaw 1050? (1 Viewer)

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Just wondering if anyone but me still has one of these? I have not had a dedicated HT for some time and I just set mine back up. I noticed I have a teac CD player connected via R/W input cables and it will not pick up the cd players feed for anything? It does work I tried it on another receiver and it works fine, any suggestions?

BTW-I still love this lil receiver but like so many others I feel the upgrade bug may have bitten, I have recently considered the Pioneer 1015 just for the 7.1 factor.

Jon Bell

Stunt Coordinator
Todd, I still have mine set up in a second room, non-dedicated HT. I really like this receiver. It is starting to show its age (bought in 2000)-- volume control is wacky (apparently a known issue on 1050's), so you need to use the remote.

For your cd player problem, did you try a different input besides the cd player? Do your other components work?

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Ok, I figured out the problem with the cd player, it was not the player or connections, it was the burned cd that was inside, works fine now using different media...:D

Just wondering who else is still using these, looks like just a few of us left?

Rich Malloy

Senior HTF Member
I'm still using one... and it still works great!

I've only recently considered getting a new receiver, mostly looking forward to what I hope will be a slew of HDMI-capable receivers in the next year (only a handful available this year). I'm considering upgrading for this feature so that I can switch HDMI/DVI inputs from HD-TV and my upscaling DVD player, and also pass DVD-A signals digitally and keep the multichannel analog inputs for my dedicated SACD/CD player.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I still use mine as my main receiver in my dedicated ht. My biggest gripe is that there must be some problem with the sub out on these 1050's.

I'm running dual SVS16-46PC+'s in my ht. I have to crank the amps on my subs all the way up. The 1050 just doesn't put out hardly anything on it's sub out channel.

I used to have a regular 16-46 (not a plus) that I sold to a coworker. Used to run that thing full bore, just as I do these new Pluses. Well, the guy I sold it to barely has it turned half way up, otherwise it's too damn loud.

MUST be something with these 1050's and their sub outs???

I'm planning on putting this one out to pasture, so to speak, and buying that new Outlaw preamp, along with an Outlaw 770 amp.

Still...other than the sub problem, the 1050 has been one solid performer and a reliable one too.

todbnla

Screenwriter
Real Name
Todd
Thats strange Derrick,
I have my Sony sub turned up only about 1/3 of the way and get great results?? Do you have your front mains (and all others too) set to "Small" on speaker size thus diverting the lo end signal to you subs??

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks