What's new

Anyone seen or heard the new Pioneer Elite dvd45 universal player? (1 Viewer)

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
My dealer said he'd have it this week, because last week when I asked him, he said a batch was in transit. But he had 15 DV-47A's backordered, and it sounded like he couldn't get any more, so it might be a while before we actually can lay eyes on one! :)

morrisjones

Agent
I've had a DV-45A for a week now.

I can't comment on its DVD-Audio or SACD playback because (a) I don't have any disks yet, and (b) my old receiver doesn't have 5.1 passthrough inputs.

In another couple weeks I should be able to remedy that.

Mojo

JoeDelan

Stunt Coordinator
I beleive the 47A have been replaced with the 47Ai.
That is why he might have a hard time getting them.

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
I've had a 45A for a week. It's been excellent. Great on DVDA, SACD, CD, and video quality. I haven't had any problem with bass output like others have reported.

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I've had a 45A for a week. It's been excellent. Great on DVDA, SACD, CD, and video quality. I haven't had any problem with bass output like others have reported.
Bobby,

Any chance we could compare notes regarding your set-up vs. mine?

I do have the low sub output situation, and would be curious how your system is configured. Perhaps there is something in the player set-up that is set differently then mine. FWIW, I have read and re-read the manual, and I don't see anything that should cause the problem, but software being what it is, I will not take ANYTHING off of the table at this point.

My 45A is set as follows:

Using the 5.1 analog outs to 6CH input of my receiver
Also have he 2CH analog out connected the receiver
All speakers set to small
Sub out turned On
Speaker Levels set to "fixed"
Digital Out turned Off
All digital output settings set to PCM (irrelevant since Digital outs are Off, but I will mention it anyway)
CD Playback set to CD (not DTS)
SACD playback set to 2CH area
DVD Playback set to DVD-A

Other info:

Main Speakers - B&W 604
Center - Klipsch
Surrounds - KEF Monitors (Q10, I think)
Sub - HSU 1225 w/HSU 250 Watt Amp

Out of curiosity, how did you set levels? Are you using a test disc like Avia and an SPL meter?

Since the 45A does NOT have a subwoofer test tone, I would assume that you either are setting it by ear or via some other test method.

I also note in the manual that there is a reset procedure that restores the player to factory default. FWIW, my player was an open box player (perhaps the original buyer returned it due to the sub out situation?). As such, when I turned it on initially, it did NOT start out with the welcome screen. I am going to do a reset, and walk through everything again.

I am bound and determined to get to the bottom of this!

Thanks for your time.

BL

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
>> Speaker Levels set to "fixed"

I think you'd want that changed to variable, so you can adjust levels, right?

Brian L

Senior HTF Member
I think you'd want that changed to variable, so you can adjust levels, right?
Not in my case. The 6CH input of the receiver has individual level control for each channel. If one were NOT to have that capability, then you would be correct to use the players level settings.

I prefer to leave the player at a fixed level, and adjust individual channel levels via the 6CH input of the receiver. That was my arrangement with my previous external DD processor.

That said, even if I set them to variable, the manual advises that the max variable setting (+6) is equal to the "fixed" setting.

BL

Bobby T

Supporting Actor
Brian, all of my settings are the same as yours except my digital out is turned on so my 3802 can decode DD EX and DTS ES. I adjusted the levels on the 3802 with the Sound&Vision disc and a Rat Shack sound meter with the 45A set to fixed output. My sub level is set at -1.
I have Klipsch RF3-2, RC3-2, RS3-2 and a 12" Dayton DVC with a 250 watt Parts Express amp. Hope this helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks