What's new

Anyone receive email solicitation from Total Movie/Inside DVD? (1 Viewer)

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
6 issues/DVDs, plus 40 DVD movies (what would they be) for $40?
did anyone get refunds from first subscription, or carryovers?
hmmmm
------------------
Yumbo - IMDVD

Robert Spalding

Second Unit
God, think of this travesty...Total Movie which went out of business teaming up with Inside DVD, who can't seem to get more than 1 issue out a year!
I got about 3/4 of my Total Movie subscription back from them with a phone call.
------------------
------------------
Sirdvd.com
Link Removed

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I deleted the email since I never got a refund. If I see a copy on the newstand I might pick it up. I just put my four old issues out for recycling.
I wish their was a DVD or movie equivalent of MOJO, the only magazine that I will keep all the issues for.
------------------
These chicks know how to party! - MoJo JoJo

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
More like total rip-off. They try and make it sound like a great offer when in reality you get 6 issues of a magazine, 6 fair DVDs, and 46 movies? We all can assume that the movies will be crap and most are in public domain, like the "Little Shop of Horrors" that came with an early "issue" of InsideDVD.
So I'm paying $6.66 an issue?
How much will that be off of newsstand price?

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Sorry, I don't want to call "Night of the Living Dead" crap(Which comes with the first issue), but it is a public domain movie and will probably look like crap on the DVD.

Jeff Whitford

Screenwriter
I think it takes pretty big stones for somebody to send something to you about sending them more money when you still havent recieved what you payed for in the first place. Or for that matter ever given you a refund. I responded to their email with a "I hope you are going to send me these issues to make up for what you did before".Lets see if they will step up to the plate and make it right. I doubt it but i'd love to eat my words.
furious.gif

------------------
Jeff Whitford
Hometheater Guru

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i found this page on their web site
notice near the bottom..........quote: Current subscribers to Total Movie or InsideDVD need not worry-your subscription will resume when you receive the first issues of TM&E and InsideDVD this fall. If you're not a subscriber yet, what are you waiting for? Click here to sign up for your own subscription to the magazine[/quote]
------------------
"who needs padding when you can have quality over quantity? more isn't always better." just my 2 cents on post count padders.-----
[Edited last by TonyD on September 04, 2001 at 09:01 PM]

Kajs

Second Unit
Real Name
Kurt
Well, to answer my own question it said that the newsstand price for 6 issues is $117.89.
That comes out to about $19.65 an issue, are they serious?

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think it takes pretty big stones for somebody to send something to you about sending them more money when you still havent recieved what you payed for in the first place.
You got that right! I never got a dime back when Total Movie went belly up.
I just received the same email.
I think they are getting the email addresses from HTF!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Interesting thread.
1) I haven't received any e-mail yet. But then my email prefix is "awayspam", so maybe they caught my meaning! :)
2) I too called Total Movie when I found out that they were cancelled. I asked for my money back. I never got it!
3) If they want to fulfill their commitment to me - finally! - then that's great. There's no way on God's green earth I'll ever send them another penny...but if they want to send me more magazines to fill the 3 they owe me, then that's just jiffy.
------------------
DAVE/Memphis
Widescreen is Family Fun!
FamilyWidescreen_ws.jpg

P.S. - just for shits and grins, I just went and clicked on my old bookmark for their web site ( Link Removed . It's working again! No big surprise, huh?
[Edited last by David Lambert on September 05, 2001 at 04:47 AM]

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
I'd risk the $40 on the 40 public-domain movies alone, but how do I know they're even going to get THOSE out? I would've subscribed but they ask for a credit card number, and at this point how do I know they won't bill me without sending anything? At least before when InsideDVD started paid subscriptions they had a "bill me later" option, so when I subscribed to that and got nothing at least I didn't pay anything.
If anyone from Inside DVD is reading this, I think it'd be in their best interest to post something here saying WHAT the 40 movie titles are and WHEN we can expect them to be delivered. THEN maybe I'll think about giving them my credit card number.

Dmitry

Supporting Actor
They won't see another dime from me -- not even if they send me the remaining issues of the Total Movie
wink.gif

JasonH

Grip
Since I was was a paying subscriber to both InsideDVD and Total Movie, and since I got 4 issues of Total Movie and maybe 2 "paid" InsideDVD discs, I figure I'm owed more than a year of this new thing that they're offering. I fear that my subscription will outlast this publication once again.
Jason
------------------
My Equipment (Now with pics!)
My DVDs
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks