What's new

Anyone purchase a renewed H/K AVR8000 from Onecall (1 Viewer)

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
If so what kind of condition did you receive it in? scratches, dents, bumps? What was the best price they sold it for, I see they have it listed $1100+ heard they have sold for $999. Early reply sincerely appreciated. TIA.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
So much for an early reply. Am willing to consider a late reply. Someone from the forum must have purchased a AVR8000 from OneCall. Was the center channel buzz problem corrected in the refurb's.

Angelo.M

Senior HTF Member
G:

Did you search the forum for other folks' experience w/ stuff from Onecall?

Gus Smith

Grip
I purcased a refurbed 525 from Onecall last month. A slight scrath on the front, otherwise it looks brand spankin' new.
Oncall was great to deal with and I'm happy with my purchase.

Have fun.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Angelo Did you have anything useful to contribute to my thread, I,am sure you understand a search did NOT produce All the information I am looking for.

Frank Mowry

Stunt Coordinator
Ditto what gus said on the 525Z. But no visual (or audio) problems whatsoever. They do seem to have upped their prices on all HK refurbs a bit. Got my 525 for $499 + shipping. I think it's $549 now.

Frank

Jason Bosch

Agent
I purchased a refurbed 325Z from them. While I can say they have ok service. I was rather irritated that I recieved one that was broken. Worked fine for 3 minutes then it turned itself off and everytime I hit the power button after it would immediatly shut itself off. I called One Call and they said they would not return it or do anything at all to appease me. I found that like rather poor service, but you play the cards your dealt and so it's been in the shop for the past 2 months while the repairman keeps telling me he can't find the problem. Not trying to stear you away from purchasing from them, or purchasing that reciever. Just wanted to share my experience in the issue of refurbs from One Call. If i had it to do again I would never have bought it. I would of just forked over the extra money for a new unit. For my money I don't think i'll ever buy another used item. Cosmetically it was perfect however.

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
Just so Jason's story doesn't scare you, I recently had a similar problem with a brand new item from another company. After three failed repair attempts, the company sent me a brand new replacement item.

Gerard Martin

Second Unit
Thanks for all your replys. I was particularly concerned with the center channel buzz problem and if that had been corrected with Onecalls recent release of AVR8000 refurbs. Can anyone address that?. TIA.

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Gerard

All I can tell you is that the center channel buzz problem is a design defect. ONE CALL and Harman Kardon stonewalled for a long time. Finally it was decided by HK that they would only check an 8000 (and do anything) if it was not within spec. Who knows what HK called out of spec? And ONE CALL had a very short exchange plan, like 2 weeks.

I had ordered one from ONE CALL when new ones were selling for $1188 delivered. I am so glad I cancelled my order. After the stonewalling from ONE CALL I wouldn't touch their refurb 8000 at any price.

Artie

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Jason--
A receiver that turns on for 3 minutes the very first time you fire it up, and then refuses to turn on every time after that is DOA--it doesn't matter that it initially turned on for 3 minutes.Are you saying that OneCall absolutely refused to let you return it for credit/refund/exchange within their return window? I am not questioning what you're stating so please don't misunderstand me. I think that is piss poor policy for a place as reputable as OneCall--they sold you a defective product.What exactly did they tell you?I've never had a problem with them and they have always given me excellent service.As a matter of fact I bought a receiver from them and I just didn't like the way the receiver sounded,and I explained that nothing was wrong with it--I just didn't like it, and they told me I could still return it no problem,and were even willing to "stretch" the amount of time in which to return it. Of course there would have been a 15% restocking fee but that's because I told them it was not defective. How did they respond when you told them what happened? Thanks.

David G Greene

Stunt Coordinator
If you have your new or refurbish HK that has a problem,just take it to rat shack.....if it's still under warranty. They will fix it at the main HQ for free with NO SHIPPING charges.

:)

Curtis Lotter

Stunt Coordinator
I bought a refurbished 8000, but not from Onecall. I got it from uBid.

From the box it came in, and all the packaging inside, there was nothing to indicate this receiver was refurbished. It could have been sold as new and nobody would have been the wiser.

I can't comment on the center channel buzz, because I hooked it up to a Parasound amp I already had. It has been confirmed the buzz was only through the center amp and not at the pre-out. If someone purchased an 8000 with an (audible) center channel buzz, they could easily use a channel from another amp to power it, if the back surrounds are going to be used, an outboard amp is going to be required anyway.

Curt

Jason Bosch

Agent
When I called One Call and told them I recieved a defective reciever, they first said is there anyway we can make this up to you. I said yes you can give me my money back. They said they cannot do that with refurbished reciever. Then I said Is there absolutly no option for appeasing me? They said no. Then I said Then why ask if you can make it right with me? They said All they could do is refer me to a repairshop. They did and it was there for 3 weeks at first. Then they called and said they couldn't find any problem with it. So I go to pick it up at their drop off/pick up site. I plug it in there and for 10 tries it wouldn't turn on. So I leave it there and call them and tell them it's still broken. 3 more weeks later they say it's as good as the can get it. It did act up on them finally and they messed with it and said they fixed it. Last night I pick it up and take it home... No power cord included LoL. It's like they knew it wasn't fixed and didn't want me to plug it in to see. No worries though , my computers power cord is the same. Woohoo it works. For most of today it worked. The it did the turn off thing again when I was playing a CD on it. 5 tries later it comes back on and stays on. I don't care though I'm going to call Harman Kardon and get a replacment. I'm tired of dealing with it. When I get the replacement. I'm going to sell it and move on. I'm done with Harman Kardon. Anyways thats my story with this product. I suspect if it was brand new One Call would have taken the defective reciever back.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
I've dealt with Onecall on numerous occassions.. and recommended people to go there. Fantastic support, sales staff and they do respond quickly.

Not direct to the pre, but just a note on the dealer.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks